Meddin Studios wrote in post #16277681
Jim and Jesus excellent photos. Love seeing the work.
Elv - I don't think HSS worked with CL-Tx on a 622 either. Anything X-Sync and under works great with that setup though. Maybe I'm wrong.
Damian - Yes the Sekonic triggers the PW no problem. It also recognizes groups properly. Here's what I'm trying to configure with the Control TL on the meter:
- ABC groups are TTL lights using TT5s.
- Plus III's are group D and setup as simple triggers.
- The meter however should be able to flip between the "std" and "ttl" channels allowing me to have 4 separate groups.
- The Plus III's are triggering the Cheetahs obviously. This improves upon the Odin or King Pro setup where you'd be limited to 3 groups.
- So far this has worked allowing a quick "on/off" option as I go around metering and choosing which groups are active.
- I think
I can quickly activate/deactivate groups this way without adjusting the AC3 and create alternate speedlight arrangements on the fly (for example, the reception room shifts and my key becomes fill, vice versa, reverse rim for flipping the room and so forth).
I'll post more feedback tomorrow. I have to try out the new Luna 43" and 28" boxes too which just arrived. I love our 19" Cheetah BD's.
Thanks, yes, I don't think the CL-Tx will work in HSS directly on the pass through hotshoes like the King Pro, YN-622 etc. I'm surprised it would work on the TT1, but there do appear to be some people at least getting some results above X-sync, that wouldn't be possible otherwise. Just no one has reported really trying to put it to the test to get the most out of it with adjusting timing etc (if that is still possible).
Thanks for the desecription with light meter and AC3, that's excellent.