A couple of days before this event, a local TV news show ran a feature on it in which they mistakenly called it "The Frostbite Stages Rally". As it turned out, they were correct!
1. Anyone who knows Croft will tell you it's not the warmest of places in Summer, but this was a bit silly to say the least..
2. Did i mention it was a bit cold?
3. Event sponsor and eventual winner Chris Wise in his Metro 6R4.
4. A cameo appearance from defending Champion Paul Bird. A poor choice of tyres saw him struggle on stage 1, then his rally was ended after a freak accident when his co-driver (Kirsty Riddick) got her finger jammed in the car door!
5. It's normally errant cars you need to watch out for, but i was sure i saw a Polar Bear at one point..
6. As if a MK2 Escort needs snow to get sideways...
7. Alex Lund in his MK1 Escort got his tyre choice spot on and was giving the 4 Wheel drive cars some real headaches on the early stages.
For those of you who are still awake, 1 to 6 are from the 7D & 100-400L and 7 is a 1D Mark IV & 70-200 2.8L II affair.
Thanks for looking in. It's been emotional