Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
Thread started 09 Jan 2006 (Monday) 22:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post your funniest "sign" pictures

Pippan
Goldmember
3,444 posts
Gallery: 344 photos
Joined Oct 2015
Post edited 2 months ago by Pippan.

Feb 01, 2021 00:59 |  #7036

Inspeqtor wrote in post #19188991 (external link)
Thank you for letting me know chickens at one time had FRONT legs!!!  :p :p :p

Yeah, they had to breed 'em out 'cause no one liked the taste of them.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

sponsored links
Eidelweiss
Goldmember
2,207 posts
Gallery: 403 photos
Joined Nov 2018

Feb 01, 2021 04:42 |  #7037

Intheswamp wrote in post #19188902 (external link)
Wherever it came from it is funny. I just wonder if this was shot at a grocery store near Chernobyl.

Hmmmmmmmm.....
I've NEVER seen chickens with front legs...That whole evolution thingy.

Chris~ Nikon D 3400
Chimper. There, I said it.
flickr (external link)

Intheswamp
Endeavor to Persevere
1,839 posts
Gallery: 89 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2013

Feb 01, 2021 07:55 |  #7038

Pippan wrote in post #19188994 (external link)
Yeah, they had to breed 'em out 'cause no one liked the taste of them.

It wasn't the taste that made them breed the other two legs out...it was because the chickens were too fast to catch with four legs!!!

The poorest of the poor. A country of children taking care of children: https://handsofloveusa​.org/ (external link)
My little weather page: www.beeweather.com (external link)

bettia
70 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 02, 2021 19:26 as a reply to  @ post 19028710 |  #7039

That's where I got my marriage license 27 years ago. The windows were right next to each other.

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,398 posts
Gallery: 486 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Feb 07, 2021 02:47 |  #7040

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

icopus
"the creep following them around taking pictures"
3,009 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 07, 2021 10:49 |  #7041

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #19191927 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Reservoir Dog in
./showthread.php?p=191​91927&i=i259283710
forum: Urban Life & Travel

I understand this appears absurd at first, but I might understand why it exists...
In the absence of a dedicated left turn lane, this may be required.
However, as it does stand separated from the main lane signal, what do I know?
But local drivers here are easily confused and I'm afraid that signal would cause even more around here!
Yeah, that signal is more crazy than funny!

It's my life and I'll get pissed if I want to.
"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar." - E.R. Murrow

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,398 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Post edited 2 months ago by Reservoir Dog. (15 edits in all)

Feb 07, 2021 20:13 |  #7042

icopus wrote in post #19192078 (external link)
I understand this appears absurd at first, but I might understand why it exists...
In the absence of a dedicated left turn lane, this may be required.
However, as it does stand separated from the main lane signal, what do I know?
But local drivers here are easily confused and I'm afraid that signal would cause even more around here!
Yeah, that signal is more crazy than funny!

Way more simple.
I just found amusing that the red light arrow is pointing out a car crossing the line, with this compressed perspective, like if the red arrow signal is saying "Hey I got you crossing the line".
I explain the situation/position: I am on the pedestrian overpass at the red light level, signal is correctly placed (to turn left the road is below me), the car is at around 100 metres/yards if not more, I am zooming in @180mm, road is a sharp slop up, it's all about perspective. ;)

Sorry if my partial de-saturation fails to show you what I intended to show :cry:

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

OhLook
insufferably pedantic. I can live with that.
20,941 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Feb 07, 2021 22:43 |  #7043

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #19192338 (external link)
I just found amusing that the red light arrow is pointing out a car crossing the line, with this compressed perspective, like if the red arrow signal is saying "Hey I got you crossing the line".

If you're collecting violations, note also that the ambulance is going the wrong way for its lane. To its credit, though, and to the disgrace of the public-works department, there is no center line on that part of the roadway! And this is a busy and confusing corner.

I didn't interpret the scene the way you did. I gave the left-turn driver the benefit of the doubt by assuming that the arrow light came on while the turn was in progress.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | Comments welcome

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,398 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Post edited 2 months ago by Reservoir Dog. (2 edits in all)

Feb 08, 2021 01:29 |  #7044

OhLook wrote in post #19192386 (external link)
If you're collecting violations, note also that the ambulance is going the wrong way for its lane. To its credit, though, and to the disgrace of the public-works department, there is no center line on that part of the roadway! And this is a busy and confusing corner.

I didn't interpret the scene the way you did. I gave the left-turn driver the benefit of the doubt by assuming that the arrow light came on while the turn was in progress.

-? I'm at 180mm, distances are compressed, OK, if one needs to explain a photo, it's because it's a fail, thus it's a huge fail on my side :cry: :cry: :cry:

In the hope this map might explain...

HOSTED PHOTO

OhLook
insufferably pedantic. I can live with that.
20,941 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Feb 08, 2021 09:52 |  #7045

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #19192418 (external link)
I'm at 180mm, distances are compressed, OK, if one needs to explain a photo, it's because it's a fail . . . :cry: :cry: :cry:
In the hope this map might explain...

Don't :cry: so loud, I didn't understand about the compression. I thought all the action happened at one intersection. The sizes of elements diminish steadily from front (sidecar, motorcyclist, pedestrians, ambulance) to back, in an orderly way. From the signal to the turning car seemed to be one block.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | Comments welcome

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,398 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Post edited 2 months ago by Reservoir Dog. (4 edits in all)

Feb 09, 2021 00:04 |  #7046

OhLook wrote in post #19192584 (external link)
Don't :cry: so loud, I didn't understand about the compression. I thought all the action happened at one intersection. The sizes of elements diminish steadily from front (sidecar, motorcyclist, pedestrians, ambulance) to back, in an orderly way. From the signal to the turning car seemed to be one block.

:-P , I'm very fine, it's even very good for me as I can improve my photography skills to be able to share more properly what I've seen, in all cases you were ALL very nice.:love:
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and point of view about this picture, I learned A LOT (thanks a lot to icopus as well)
On a side note, I now understand why years ago, the TF gave me this double-edged title :lol:

avondale87
thanks for whoever started this
9,615 posts
Gallery: 836 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 09, 2021 01:28 |  #7047

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #19192861 (external link)
:-P , I'm very fine, it's even very good for me as I can improve my photography skills to be able to share more properly what I've seen, in all cases you were ALL very nice.:love:
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and point of view about this picture, I learned A LOT (thanks a lot to icopus as well)
On a side note, I now understand why years ago, the TF gave me this double-edged title :lol:

I wouldn't flog yourself :-)
We all see things through different perspectives.
Jumping to conclusions is often the cause of most misunderstanding. Your photo was on show and the conclusions were beyond your control.
You certainly didn't fail, anything.

Stirred up the grey matter :-P

Richard

dangermoney
776 posts
Joined Mar 2019
Post edited 1 month ago by dangermoney.

Feb 28, 2021 09:36 |  #7048

IMAGE: https://i.imgur.com/ovBtYiW.jpg

IMAGE: https://i.imgur.com/cysGeni.jpg

Capn ­ Jack
Cream of the Crop
5,036 posts
Gallery: 2073 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 03, 2021 16:50 |  #7049

Found at a bar in Helsinki, Finland

HOSTED PHOTO

Naturalist
Adrift on a lonely vast sea
5,586 posts
Gallery: 94 photos
Joined May 2007

Mar 03, 2021 18:53 |  #7050

Good advice! :)

Doug
http://www.douglasbrow​nsr.com (external link)
Entered: 2-16-84 Passed: 5-22-84 Raised: 6-19-84

sponsored links

2,653,507 views & 2,562 likes for this thread
Post your funniest "sign" pictures
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.