Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 12 Feb 2013 (Tuesday) 14:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How is this one?

ekfaysal
418 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 12, 2013 14:03 |  #1

Guys.
Please critique it. how wud u compose it ? How's post procesing on it ? let me know please

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8371/8469159698_1075391b40_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …lsphotography/8​469159698/  (external link)
IMG_3725 (external link) by faysalelahi (external link), on Flickr

My INSTAGRAM (external link)

Facebook page (external link)

sponsored links
ready2go
652 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Feb 12, 2013 14:28 |  #2

the first thing I noticed were those two little shrubs blocking the car logo. Also, not sure how I feel about the bottom dark area. We both have the same camera though =)

6D, 70D, Pancake lens, Nifty Fifty, Sigma 50 Art, Canon 135LL IS, YN560 III

ekfaysal
THREAD ­ STARTER
418 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 12, 2013 14:41 |  #3

ready2go wrote in post #15602705 (external link)
the first thing I noticed were those two little shrubs blocking the car logo. Also, not sure how I feel about the bottom dark area. We both have the same camera though =)

But you are actually lens rich :D
thanks for comments :)

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
15,573 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 12, 2013 14:45 |  #4

I like the processing and exposure on this - nicely done. Your selection of flat, somewhat cloudy light gives a pleasing illumination to the car. As ready stated, those two bushes look really out of place, breaking up the nice lines of the vehicle. Perhaps moving more to the left will "shift" them away from the bumper.

Was your intent to block the plates?

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

Sven.P.
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Feb 12, 2013 14:55 as a reply to  @ sapearl's post |  #5

I like the contrast between the brighter sky and the darker bottom part which gives the car a nice "framing". As already mentioned, the bushes in front of the car are distracting for me and I would also use a slightly flatter angle (i.e. higher camera position) so less of the rear of the car get covered by the ground.

Crooks
32 posts
Joined May 2012

Feb 12, 2013 15:46 |  #6

Yeah, the two shrubs in front of the car were the first things I saw. Maybe you should've taken it from a different angle.

ekfaysal
THREAD ­ STARTER
418 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 13, 2013 02:20 |  #7

i didnt have any place to move to recompose . so couldnt get rid of those shrubs
but yeah. that's distraction for sure.
thanks for liking guys :)

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 13, 2013 04:30 |  #8

If you are asking just for the sake of processing, Not bad.

If you are thinking of displaying an image in catagery of "Products" masked logo, angle, cut of product are obviously signs of total faliure.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

alinajohn991
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2013

Feb 13, 2013 05:04 |  #9

nice

Madjackdog
338 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Feb 21, 2013 23:32 |  #10

Very nice exposure, and yeah, the masking plants mar the overall effect, and I'd also crop both the top and bottom. I can't say enough about the exposure, though, really excellent. Go back and try again, and bring your pruning shears along.

Alan - 5DMKIII - 24-70 2.8 - 70-200 2.8 - 50 1.2 - 100 Macro 2.8 - 100-400 4.5/5.6

StaticMedia
875 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 22, 2013 19:35 |  #11

What are we looking at here? Dirt...or Car??? or the bush in-between? The exposure or the processing? The color looks o.k. but thats about it. I dunno what im looking at here.

sponsored links

1,014 views & 0 likes for this thread
How is this one?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.