Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 25 Feb 2013 (Monday) 15:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

help| removing fences in ps.

Romax12
189 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Feb 25, 2013 15:48 |  #1

hello guys.

i went to the zoo today and ive got some shots of lions but the problem is that i dont know how to remove a fence (i use lr and the spot removal tool creates a noticeable circles) and since im a total noob in photoshop, i need your help. this is the image:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Zoo (external link) by Alonsegel (external link), on Flickr

download the unedited raw here:
http://www.f2h.co.il/u​fxr1o0a8xix (external link)

if there is a way to remove fences in ps please teach me how\do it for me ;) im lazy...
also, please critque.

thanks alot!

Canon t3i
--- EF-S 18-135 f3.5-5.6 IS --- EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS usm ---
600ex-rt and yn-622c (2x)

sponsored links
The ­ Freeman
196 posts
Joined May 2012

Feb 25, 2013 15:53 |  #2

Zoom in and clone stamp. Maybe even some spot healing with content aware on the foliage.

pixeljunkieeffigy (external link)

StillCrazy
612 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Feb 25, 2013 16:16 |  #3

You could begin by doing an aspect ratio crop to below the top wire. That would eliminate more than 25% of the cloning. Center the lion, keeping the tip of the tail, to the tip of his nose. Then as suggested, clone out the rest of the wires.

StillCrazy - after all these years.
Canon T3i, Sigma 18-200, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 70-300, Rokinon 14, Yongnuo YN 565 EX
My flickr (external link)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
50,661 posts
Gallery: 175 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Feb 25, 2013 16:31 |  #4

Yeah, looks like a bit of time and patience with the clone tool. It will take you a while to figure out the settings to get a result you can live with.. and your first few tries may be failures, with a still noticeable line across the image.

But it can be done.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)
-EOS 1DX 2 For Sale- $2,950.00

The ­ Freeman
196 posts
Joined May 2012

Feb 25, 2013 16:51 as a reply to  @ post 15651263 |  #5

kjonnnn

Great job!

pixeljunkieeffigy (external link)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 25, 2013 16:58 |  #6

The OP indicates that he/she only has Lightroom.

Know that Lightroom is limited to Raw processing capabilities, and only those that the LR "team" has been able to develop over time.

"Good" cloning, as in complex cloning, falls into the category of "pixel graphic editing". For that type of work look at, well, apps that have that capability, such as Photoshop Elements, or one of the other numerous apps that give you a cloning tool!

All that being said, if you are bound and determined to use only Lightroom, well, figure it will take a lot of work, trial and error, time and patience, and you can hope for the best!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 25, 2013 17:06 |  #7

kjonnnn wrote in post #15651359 (external link)
Oh well, I made the assumption they had photoshop, since they said they were a noob in it.

Ah, you're right, teaches me to be a more careful reader!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

sponsored links

854 views & 0 likes for this thread
help| removing fences in ps.
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.