Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 12 Jan 2006 (Thursday) 20:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Meet in D.C. for Chinese New Year Parade?

SuzyView
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 05, 2006 17:18 |  #76

I know exactly where you were standing. Oh, I'm sick. It didn't even look crowded. Kids train for years to learn the dances. Hope you enjoyed it.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, 7D2, SL1, G12, iPad Pro, iPhone 6P, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

sponsored links
Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Feb 05, 2006 17:53 |  #77

It was even less crowded up a block and a half at 7th and I where I started out. Saw the whole parade from there, then headed on down - there was a hold due to someone (crowd) collapsing so they had to get the paramedics. Anyhow - near H and the Arch, it was squeeze through as long as noone was going the other direction. Time I got to this point, I was able to see the whole parade again. The dragon's a crop, BTW.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

SuzyView
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 05, 2006 20:37 |  #78

That last one is perfect. Love the color and sharpness.

My children are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Feb 06, 2006 05:11 as a reply to  @ SuzyView's post |  #79

SuzyView wrote:
That last one is perfect. Love the color and sharpness.

20D, 70-200. Played with the curve a little in RSP, but let in-camera all else stand.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

2manyPix
243 posts
Joined Jun 2003

Feb 06, 2006 09:04 |  #80

I'm really bummed that I missed it. My little boy had a bad cough so my wife wouldn't let him go...she gave me the usual "But you can go if you want" line which can be read as "if you leave me here to take care of him myself while you're out having fun with your little camera....."

I'm itching to test this thing out somewhere other than the office.
:'(

Joe

Canon G3 - My first true love
Canon 20d - Canon 17-85mm, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L USM, Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-f/6.3 XR Di IF

SuzyView
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 06, 2006 11:55 |  #81

Yep. That's what I got from my hubby. Our 6 year old is even home today with the bad cough. He will go back to school tomorrow. I just want to thank Jon for going and reporting with such great shots. The colors are so vivid at those parades. We need to get together this spring for the cherry blossoms, all of us POTN members and have lunch. It should be at the end of March, which comes up real quick. What do you all say?

2manyPix
243 posts
Joined Jun 2003

Feb 06, 2006 12:49 |  #82

Good idea, Suzie, and thanks for putting the idea out there to meet up at the New Years parade. I'd like to be on the "list" for any other local events!

Joe

Canon G3 - My first true love
Canon 20d - Canon 17-85mm, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L USM, Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-f/6.3 XR Di IF

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Feb 06, 2006 13:02 |  #83

No "list". Just check back in POTN Member Activities early and often. Any threads should have the location included.

Cherry blossoms (during the week? Weekends are somewhat, er, crowded) could work.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels

BottomBracket
Cream of the Crop
6,398 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 06, 2006 13:40 |  #84

Jon, great pics, looks like you had fun there. Suzy, I understand about kids, my son has been nursing a persistent cough for a week, and I have been a bit under the weather myself. I have always wanted to go to the cherry blossoms festivities at DC, maybe I can go down south for that. I hope you MaDelVa folks don't mind an out of towner :)

Pio
Veni, Vidi, Canoni - I Came, I Saw, I Took A Picture With My Canon
Fotopio.com - Gallery of the Meandering Eye (external link)
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

SuzyView
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 06, 2006 15:00 |  #85

I'll post a few from last year. The pink and white of the blossoms are muted, very soft, but quite beautiful. A weekday is much preferred because it does get crowded. I will be taking the bus in as that is a straight shot from Woodbridge. Let's watch for announcements and go on-line for the festivities. I've been there when the weather's been cold. I've been there when the blossoms are just about finished and a good wind would sweep them all off and away. Wonderful stuff.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Feb 06, 2006 15:09 |  #86

Time for a new thread so everyone can find it, please.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels

SuzyView
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 06, 2006 17:22 |  #87

I did it already. :)

staciecd
Goldmember
1,383 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Feb 10, 2006 13:50 |  #88

Great shots!!!! Sorry I missed this event as well - and meeting fellow Baltimore posters. I have an idea for a meet that I will post soon!

Stacie

---------------
Digital Rebel XT 350 | Kit Lens, 50mm f/1.8 II, 17-40mm L, 70-200mm f4 L, 70-200mm f2.8 IS, 15mm Fisheye
Speedlight 580EX II, 2 PocketWizard Plus II
Stacie's Portfolio (external link) Updated Feb 2008 | Stacie on Flickr (external link)

---------------

sponsored links

10,247 views & 0 likes for this thread
Meet in D.C. for Chinese New Year Parade?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.