Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 13 Mar 2013 (Wednesday) 05:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Shall i get YONGNUO YN560 Or something from this company?

ekfaysal
417 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 13, 2013 05:26 |  #1

i have never used speed light before.
Sometimes have to cover indoor events (not professionally)
So looking to get one inexpensive Speed-light
While searching on ebay i found YONGNUO are much much cheaper then the canons. Ofcourse canon ones wud be better but how 's YONGNUO ?
Are these ok and performers?
if yes, then what's the best one of this brand?
Any YONGNUO users ?

My INSTAGRAM (external link)

Facebook page (external link)

sponsored links
gep01
248 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 13, 2013 05:39 |  #2

I'd never heard of these until the other week when I went on a photowalk with a bunch of other photographers. One of the guys their had one (the YN560 I think). He really liked it and let me have a play with it on my camera.

It seemed pretty well made and the few test shots I fired off in the pub look very good. I don't have a Canon 580EX (I do have an old 380EX) to compare it with but I was very impressed considering they're about an 8th of the cost of the real thing.

6d | 7d | 24-105 f4L | 16-35 f4L | Σ 17-50 f2.8 | 50mm f1.8 II | Σ 10-20mm f4-5.6 | 70-300mm f4-5.6L IS
Website (external link) | Travel Photography Blog (external link)
Facebook (external link)

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,322 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 13, 2013 05:43 |  #3

I have one of these for my Nikon (decided to go cheap with the Nikon) It's a good flash. It's a little too blue so I put an orange gel difuser on it and it evens out the color a bit. Not a bad flash really other than the color issues I have with it.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

CorporalDjono
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Mar 13, 2013 07:10 |  #4

CameraMan wrote in post #15709764 (external link)
I have one of these for my Nikon (decided to go cheap with the Nikon) It's a good flash. It's a little too blue so I put an orange gel difuser on it and it evens out the color a bit. Not a bad flash really other than the color issues I have with it.

I have a YN560II
as a non TTL flash with low price, I enjoy using it and I think there's no color issue.

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,322 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 13, 2013 08:35 |  #5

Mine has a hint of blue to it. The first one is with no adjustments SOOC. The second one is with just the WB corrected. I had the camera set to Manual 1/250, f/4.5 ISO 400 and I had the camera set to AWB for the first 2 shots. The 3rd shot I set the WB in the camera to Flash.

1. 1/250, f/4.5 ISO 400, AWB (No Software Correction)

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8098/8553693557_a1a3d865d9_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/alanmars/855369​3557/  (external link)
DSC_6486 (external link) by CameraMan65 (external link), on Flickr

2. 1/250, f/4.5 ISO 400, AWB (Software Correction)
IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8096/8553693447_1729625f39_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/alanmars/855369​3447/  (external link)
DSC_6486_WB (external link) by CameraMan65 (external link), on Flickr

3. 1/250, f/4.5 ISO 400, Flash (No Software Correction)
IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8241/8554821788_52fc6089c6_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/alanmars/855482​1788/  (external link)
DSC_6489_sm (external link) by CameraMan65 (external link), on Flickr

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,322 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 13, 2013 08:38 |  #6

I guess with the WB set to Flash in Camera it appears to be better than AWB.

gremlin75
Goldmember
2,727 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 13, 2013 08:39 |  #7

Yongnuo is a good cheap alternative to canon, just don't expect the same power out put, build quality, or features as a 580ex II. The yn560 is a manual only flash. If you're looking to get a first flash I'd suggest getting one that does manual and ETTL such as the yn468ex, yn565ex, or yn568ex.

The 565ex and 568ex are yongnuo's more powerful flashes at this point with the yn568ex being able to do HSS as well.

If all you want is manual then it's hard to beat the yn560. I own two and they are great flashes (I have also owned the other three that I mentioned and still own the yn568ex...also an amazing flash)

Luckless
Goldmember
3,064 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 13, 2013 15:51 |  #8

I own a Canon 430exII and two YN-560II flashes. The YNs get far more use than the Canon flash in most cases if I'm doing set poses. (Canon really only gets dragged out if I'm walking around for event type photography, or as my third flash)

Personally I like using fully manual more than eTTL, and the only thing I wished the YNs did was remote setting changes. But honestly I actually like the YN-560II's adjustment settings far more than the Canon in manual mode. It is just simplier and faster to manually adjust than the 430exII.

Canon EOS 7D | EF 28 f/1.8 | EF 85 f/1.8 | EF 70-200 f/4L | EF-S 17-55 | Sigma 150-500
Flickr: Real-Luckless (external link)

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 13, 2013 16:18 |  #9

I'm a fan of Yongnuo flashes as well. The 560 is really good. Good optical slave in sunny outdoor weather, good build quality, zoom head if you use that, all manual, recycle beep. Great bargain flash.

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

sponsored links

1,092 views & 0 likes for this thread
Shall i get YONGNUO YN560 Or something from this company?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.