Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 12 Jun 2012 (Tuesday) 10:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D users, friends and their random OT B.S. (II)

this thread is locked
vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,156 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 30, 2013 00:07 |  #4291

Congrats CJ.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIV/A73//A6000/FDR-X3000 | Sigma105 | FE1635F4 } Tamron 17-28 Tamron 28-75 | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

sponsored links
Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Aug 30, 2013 00:22 |  #4292

IMAGE: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2869/9627908014_e1ba4c64a7_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/24290513@N06/9​627908014/  (external link)
dedomo (external link) by Vixxie PWI (external link), on Flickr

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

CJCMarquez
Cream of the Crop
5,200 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 30, 2013 00:56 |  #4293

Immaculens wrote in post #16252322 (external link)
Congrats and hope you enjoy your 6D - and - hope it does its part in bringing your photography to a level of expression you desire

vinmunoz wrote in post #16252354 (external link)
Congrats CJ.

Thanks Willi and Vinz. I really can't wait to put it to use tomorrow.

The nifty fifty feels like a whole different lens on it.

Chad or CJ
Gear/Feedback - 500px (external link) - Flickr (external link) - Facebook (external link)

NewCreation
Goldmember
3,216 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2013

Aug 30, 2013 04:33 |  #4294

Vixen89 wrote in post #16251853 (external link)
Welcome to the club! I'm sure the others here would give great advice, I suck IMO but from time to time I'm able to pump out some great stuff.

Yes you are right but how in the world are your photo settings changing before you even edit them? I'm puzzled by this too and I'm staring at my Lightroom for every option possible..

Silly question, you are importing RAW files right and not JPGs by chance?

yes, I'm importing raw. The highlights, shadows, whites and black are also affected. All other sliders are at zero on import (except for my import sharpening settings).

My name is Brenda ~Saved by grace, walking by faith
http://brendahoffmanph​otography.com (external link)
Facebook (external link)

Strontium
Durr?
7,415 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 30, 2013 04:53 |  #4295

NewCreation wrote in post #16252656 (external link)
yes, I'm importing raw. The highlights, shadows, whites and black are also affected. All other sliders are at zero on import (except for my import sharpening settings).

LR always has sharpening set on import, for me. I have to remember to undo it before I start doing other things.

I am I

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Aug 30, 2013 07:30 |  #4296

NewCreation wrote in post #16252656 (external link)

I hope I found your answer, there is a setting upon import in the import dialog box that I circled here:

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1272.photobuck​et.com …heculprit_zpse5​99a016.jpg (external link)

From what I read from last night and this morning (this problem urked me) it will remember the last setting you used if you had a preset set for every import since then. You have to manually turn it off if you want to import your RAWs with Lightroom not touching it. Mines is on None just because some of my photos I don't believe need tweaking but yeah I saw someone used this on a page I read and they had theirs set to fix sharpness, and add warms tone or whatever by using any preset that exists in their Lightroom library and it applied to everything on import.

What is yours on Brenda? Is it a silly mean preset? D:<

If you are already using this ...does that mean the preset you have for sharpening is affecting the rest of your photo?

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

NewCreation
Goldmember
3,216 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Aug 30, 2013 07:49 |  #4297

Vixen89 wrote in post #16252887 (external link)
I hope I found your answer, there is a setting upon import in the import dialog box that I circled here:

QUOTED IMAGE

From what I read from last night and this morning (this problem urked me) it will remember the last setting you used if you had a preset set for every import since then. You have to manually turn it off if you want to import your RAWs with Lightroom not touching it. Mines is on None just because some of my photos I don't believe need tweaking but yeah I saw someone used this on a page I read and they had theirs set to fix sharpness, and add warms tone or whatever by using any preset that exists in their Lightroom library and it applied to everything on import.

What is yours on Brenda? Is it a silly mean preset? D:<

If you are already using this ...does that mean the preset you have for sharpening is affecting the rest of your photo?

I so much appreciate you helping me sort this out! But I don't think it answers my question. :/ Because if it were an import preset, wouldn't all the exposure levels end up the same? For example, I have some in a batch that are +.75 and in the same batch -1.3 (or something like that) and stops in between. I will shoot some snaps and turn off my import preset to be sure.

Facebook (external link)

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Aug 30, 2013 07:53 |  #4298

NewCreation wrote in post #16252925 (external link)
I so much appreciate you helping me sort this out! But I don't think it answers my question. :/ Because if it were an import preset, wouldn't all the exposure levels end up the same? For example, I have some in a batch that are +.75 and in the same batch -1.3 (or something like that) and stops in between. I will shoot some snaps and turn off my import preset to be sure.

Yes you are right they would tweak out the same everytime...so poo if this isn't it I'm going to go back to reading when I get a chance, luckily it's Friday so I'll get more time to try to find more answers but first MY DAY JOB ! However, I do think a clean uninstall and simple reinstall would actually probably fix all this since it defaults ALL settings. xD

NewCreation
Goldmember
3,216 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Aug 30, 2013 08:04 |  #4299

OK. So I had this thought. Is LR reading my histogram? So if a shot has a lot of dark colors, LR thinks it's underexposed and thus shows that on the slider? Vice versa with a shot with a lot of whites?

Facebook (external link)

CJCMarquez
Cream of the Crop
5,200 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 30, 2013 08:14 |  #4300

In LR preferences, what do your import settings look like?

Chad or CJ
Gear/Feedback - 500px (external link) - Flickr (external link) - Facebook (external link)

NewCreation
Goldmember
3,216 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Aug 30, 2013 08:17 |  #4301

Vixen89 wrote in post #16252937 (external link)
Yes you are right they would tweak out the same everytime...so poo if this isn't it I'm going to go back to reading when I get a chance, luckily it's Friday so I'll get more time to try to find more answers but first MY DAY JOB ! However, I do think a clean uninstall and simple reinstall would actually probably fix all this since it defaults ALL settings. xD

Yay for a day job! :)

So I just took 5 shots out my window in av mode pointing in slightly different directions. Imported them with all develop settings to "none". When I go to the develop module, I have exposure settings from -1.90 to -.45 and contrast, highlights, shadows, whites, & blacks all vary, too.

Facebook (external link)

CJCMarquez
Cream of the Crop
5,200 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 30, 2013 08:24 |  #4302

Under LR preferences, do you happen to have "Apply Auto Tone Adjustments" checked?

Chad or CJ

NewCreation
Goldmember
3,216 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Aug 30, 2013 08:27 |  #4303

CJCMarquez wrote in post #16253007 (external link)
Under LR preferences, do you happen to have "Apply Auto Tone Adjustments" checked?

YES!!! That and this: http://www.lightroomfo​rums.net …hy-did-Lr-ruin-my-picture (external link) are likely what I am experiencing.

What do you all have it set at?

Facebook (external link)

CJCMarquez
Cream of the Crop
5,200 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 30, 2013 08:31 |  #4304

I have no import presets but I do batch edit with minimal NR-Sharp-lens correction.

Chad or CJ

NewCreation
Goldmember
3,216 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Aug 30, 2013 08:41 |  #4305

Thanks, CJ and Lisa for your help!! It was the "auto tone". I deleted the pics and reimported the same files no develop settings and now all the sliders are at zero.

Does any one use the "auto tone" feature? I can figure out the sense in how it's applied.

Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

661,098 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D users, friends and their random OT B.S. (II)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.