Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 28 Mar 2013 (Thursday) 10:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D2 test camera?

keithcooper
81 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 28, 2013 10:57 |  #1

The specs supposedly from a test camera - as ever I suggest a big pinch of salt, but from someone I've had some related info from in the past.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/C​anon_7dmk2.html (external link)

From previous 'test info' I've seen, there are likely one or two major differences from what might appear, but more in software capabilities than new hardware.

bye for now
Keith Cooper
Northlight Images (external link)

sponsored links
RTPVid
Goldmember
3,365 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Mar 28, 2013 14:07 |  #2

"GPS, WiFi"

Does this mean another "semi plastic" body (as I saw the 6D described on this very board just yesterday)?

Lordy, Lordy, the weeping and gnashing of teeth will go on for years! :D

Tom

WRLphoto
64 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 28, 2013 14:19 |  #3

Just another BS rumor to keep people checking the rumor sites. seriously go back and look at the rumor success rate. its depressingly low.

www.wrlphoto.com (external link)

keithcooper
THREAD ­ STARTER
81 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 28, 2013 17:11 as a reply to  @ WRLphoto's post |  #4

Yes - unfortunately the hit rate of Canon rumours has diminished quite a bit over the last few years. I've not seen really solid info much more than weeks out from a launch for some time.

And yes, I've kept a few pages devoted to rumours since 2004 - long before all the 'rumors sites' proliferated :-)

bye for now
Keith Cooper

WRLphoto
64 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 28, 2013 21:47 |  #5

sorry - didnt mean to be an ass... im just tired of waiting for a 70d or 7d2 and was so hopeful and excited for last week from all the rumors that we'd finally get a 70d just to get 2 rebels. i was hugely disappointed and maybe a bit jaded.

www.wrlphoto.com (external link)

keithcooper
THREAD ­ STARTER
81 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 29, 2013 04:16 as a reply to  @ WRLphoto's post |  #6

One thing that made me doubt an early 70D was the UK cashback scheme, from the start of this month that runs until the end of May, included the 7D and 70D but not 650D. That said, shortages of the 60D suggested it might be sooner.

I used to be able to look at the timeline of Canon announcements and spot the progression and timing, but once they ditched the 1Ds3 it started getting a lot less predictable (the timeline is about 1/3 down the page I mentioned earlier).

Some things seem more 'obvious' from it (5D4 in 2015?) but I'm always aware of the disclaimer I've long put at the top of most rumour pages;
"We've been keeping tabs on (mostly) Canon rumours for several years and receive all kinds of suggestions - some more believable than others. Please do use your common sense when reading these pages, and remember that they are here for entertainment as much as anything else."

My own 'waiting' is for what may replace or supplement my 2007 1Ds3 for my day to day work - the 1DX just isn't that much of an upgrade, for the work I do (important caveat)

bye for now
Keith Cooper

JeremyKPhoto
Goldmember
1,633 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Mar 29, 2013 04:36 |  #7

rumor sites are bad for your health. The day will come.... so stop checking rumor sites and instead check canons site :P lol

5D Mark III / 70-200 2.8L IS II / 24-105L / 50 1.8 stm / Tamron 70-300 VC / Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art

Stone ­ 13
Goldmember
1,690 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 29, 2013 05:08 |  #8

rumor sites generally don't get it right until the day before a release. Take them for what they are which is entertainment in a very slow moving industry. Other than 10 fps, I'd call the latest rumor specs for a 70D.

No one knows, but I'd bet money the 7D II gets dual card slots and more than 19af points this go round.

Ken
Fujifilm X100T | 5D III gripped |35L | 24-70 2.8L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 85 1.8 | 430 EX II | Yongnuo YN-568EX | Billingham 445 | Think Tank UD 60 |

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 01, 2013 09:18 |  #9

WRLphoto wrote in post #15765972 (external link)
Just another BS rumor to keep people checking the rumor sites. seriously go back and look at the rumor success rate. its depressingly low.

sometimes it's right, there probably will probably be a 70D and a new 7D
just a question of when

sponsored links

2,699 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D2 test camera?
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.