Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
Thread started 09 Apr 2013 (Tuesday) 13:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The super macro guessing game (5)

OhLook
Spiderwoman
16,968 posts
Gallery: 70 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 09, 2013 13:25 |  #1

I really shouldn't have won the last round, but I don't know whom to bribe to get the results changed.

Thanks for waiting.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i641.photobucke​t.com …TN/macroW_zps65​2f2b1d.jpg (external link)

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

sponsored links
Chet
my rates fluctuate
42,832 posts
Gallery: 125 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 09, 2013 15:56 |  #2

Depends what the bribe is.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

Andreashej
193 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Apr 09, 2013 15:57 |  #3

I want to join the game again - feel like I'm totally ready :P

Is the round thing attached to something, and does it turn? :)

//Andreas Hejndorf :)
hejndorf-foto.dk
Canon XHA1 for sale - PM for info and pics :)

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,318 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 09, 2013 16:01 |  #4

Now now... That's no way to start a new The super macro guessing game thread... You deserved the win. :)

Outter edge of a speaker cone?

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
16,968 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 09, 2013 16:38 |  #5

Andreashej wrote in post #15808956 (external link)
Is the round thing attached to something, and does it turn? :)

It's attached to something. It can be turned; it doesn't turn spontaneously.

CameraMan wrote in post #15808979 (external link)
Now now... That's no way to start a new The super macro guessing game thread... You deserved the win. :)

Outter edge of a speaker cone?

Not a speaker cone.

I thought earlier answers had excluded a drain auger. The object was "sort of" related to juice (reality: not at all related) and "sort of" related to pipes and drains (reality: it couldn't be more closely related). I didn't know that augers have a narrow part that looks like a spring.

See, I didn't want to win at that time. I'm preparing for a trip. This includes pushing back my rising time this week so I can get up at 5 on Sunday to catch a train without feeling too sick all day. Night person, not cool with early hours. So my evenings are truncated.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,318 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 09, 2013 16:45 |  #6

OhLook wrote in post #15809106 (external link)
I thought earlier answers had excluded a drain auger. The object was "sort of" related to juice (reality: not at all related) and "sort of" related to pipes and drains (reality: it couldn't be more closely related). I didn't know that augers have a narrow part that looks like a spring.

Sort of relating to juice meaning it's used where liquids are located. There has been juice in my sink when I've had to snake the sink drain. I was also using juice as a more... pleasing way to say urine and other fluids deposited into toilets. Maybe that hint was a little far fetched. I was going to try and bring that clue to a better clue but I didn't want to give it away. I actually thought Chet would get that...

As far as the sort of being related to pipes and drains, I may have seen something else. I might have thought the guess was a pipe. I'll have to go back and look at all of my answers.

As far as my next guess for your picture here... Is it a dial on an appliance like a washer or dryer?

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

hqqns
it's really hard to keep up
10,944 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 09, 2013 17:02 |  #7

Looks like a paper clip

subby

Wife|Son|Daughter|Comp​uters|Cameras|Lenses|A Home|Pans|Spatula|No Frogs

"42"

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,157 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 09, 2013 17:06 |  #8

A lock?

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

Chet
my rates fluctuate
42,832 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 09, 2013 17:23 |  #9

CameraMan wrote in post #15809116 (external link)
I actually thought Chet would get that...

I was really stuck on it being a coil from an old toaster or one of those dangerous wall paper stripping instruments of death. Sure I had it figured out in the end, but that's after the final clues had been turned in.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
My Gear List

Chet
my rates fluctuate
42,832 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 09, 2013 17:24 |  #10

Diaphragm?

My Gear List

Chet
my rates fluctuate
42,832 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 09, 2013 17:28 |  #11

I did kill a big black fury spider in the basement last evening with a hammer. After I had nicked it I realized I should had used something with a larger surface area. Alas I was in bear feet and would had screamed like a little girl if it would had lunged at me. It was probably macro worth before it's demise.

My Gear List

Chet
my rates fluctuate
42,832 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 09, 2013 17:29 |  #12

That's a pretty large radius on that object, probably in the range of a tin cup.

My Gear List

hqqns
it's really hard to keep up
10,944 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 09, 2013 17:49 |  #13

A picture of a dead spider would have been an example of a perfect Chet macro.

subby

Wife|Son|Daughter|Comp​uters|Cameras|Lenses|A Home|Pans|Spatula|No Frogs

"42"

Chet
my rates fluctuate
42,832 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 09, 2013 17:51 |  #14

hqqns wrote in post #15809382 (external link)
A picture of a dead spider would have been an example of a perfect Chet macro.

It's still embedded into the basement floor, I could capture it for a future project this time void of candy.

My Gear List

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
16,968 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 09, 2013 17:57 |  #15

CameraMan wrote in post #15809116 (external link)
Is it a dial on an appliance like a washer or dryer?

Nope.

hqqns wrote in post #15809178 (external link)
Looks like a paper clip

Nope.

D. Vance wrote in post #15809193 (external link)
A lock?

Nope.

Chet wrote in post #15809282 (external link)
Diaphragm?

I don't go beyond a PG-13 rating here.

Chet wrote in post #15809306 (external link)
I did kill a big black fury spider in the basement last evening with a hammer.

Poor thing. It was probably harmless. Please see "Relocating The Spider" on this page (external link).

Chet wrote in post #15809314 (external link)
That's a pretty large radius on that object, probably in the range of a tin cup.

The whole object is 1.25" (3.25 cm) across, and the photo shows a small bit of it. The yellowish and whitish areas, the ones obviously not metal, are parts of the same surface, just lit differently. This surface is part of the object.

sponsored links

800,676 views & 332 likes for this thread
The super macro guessing game (5)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.