Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 16 Apr 2013 (Tuesday) 14:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

London in May

weegee
486 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 16, 2013 14:24 |  #1

Think I'll be in London for a solid week. Should have at least 2-3 days to take photos.

I usually do landscapes and what not, but don't mind some city/urban life. I don't really need the "touristy" stuff though, whatever that means. I don't know, get a look at my website for reference. For instance, I go to Gettysburg, a civil war battlefield, and I don't take many pictures of the monuments, I take pictures of the trees, streams, hills, etc.

Where do you recommend? I'm staying by Hyde Park for most part, might be out a little further in the suburbs a couple days. Not afraid to get on a train or whatever. I do have some expensive gear though, so where ever you think is "safe".

Don't mind taking a day trip (i.e. Bath, Windsor, etc.) Basically just looking to maximize my time, eat some great food, have some great ales, and of course get some choice photos.

Whatever you suggest, much appreciate.

My Online Gallery: http://fotoluigi.zenfo​lio.com/ (external link)
Elan II, 5D3, 17-40L f/4, 24-105L f/4, 70-200L f/4, 85 f/1.8, 50 f/1.8

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Apr 16, 2013 16:03 |  #2

Hopefully we'll have some better weather by then too!

London is an incredible & diverse city - I'm sure there'll be no shortage of subjects for you to capture!

As far as safety goes - common sense prevails as it does most places don't do anything you wouldn't do at home basically!

The other piece of advice I'd offer is to check transport May has 2 Bank holiday Mondays one on the 6th and another on the 27th, so services may be altered.

you're more than welcome to pop into the UKSE thread (link in my sig) we're a bunch of friendly folk based in the South East so there'll be lots of recommendations of where to shoot and you might even find a wingman to tag along!

enjoy your trip
Lee

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

weegee
THREAD ­ STARTER
486 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 16, 2013 16:50 |  #3

fantastic, Lee. thanks for the tips.

Yes, I arrive on the 6th, but rest day so don't expect to get much done. Most of the damage will occur on the 10th-12th.

My Online Gallery: http://fotoluigi.zenfo​lio.com/ (external link)
Elan II, 5D3, 17-40L f/4, 24-105L f/4, 70-200L f/4, 85 f/1.8, 50 f/1.8

scriveyn
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Gallery: 595 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 18, 2013 14:57 as a reply to  @ weegee's post |  #4

Hi weegee,

the possibilities are endless, I'm travelling to London every year. A walk along the Thames, for example between Westminster and Tower Bridge & the City offers lots of motives.
My favourite spot for relaxing with a sandwich is Regents Park (roses, water fowl, open air theatre). Lots of music every day & night, many events for free, just check the respective publications.
It goes on and on, just keep your eyes open. Enjoy!

Here I posted some of my shots:
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1292911

Frank, also known as jazzman
C&C welcome
Image Editing OK (for reposting in the same thread)

I Jazz

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

584 views & 0 likes for this thread
London in May
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.