Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 22 Apr 2013 (Monday) 18:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1st attempt at Brenizer

Guitartists
900 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 22, 2013 18:57 |  #1

Nifty Fifty f/1.8 around 6-7 feet away. I really wish I had that 85mm lens everyone else uses ;) Distortion was HORRIBLE!!! Had to use PS and stitch these together myself one at a time, correcting angles etc. :P Won't be doing THAT again! Will try using my zoom lens next time. Anyhow.... successful?? Does the effect show?? I ended up having to crop it down somewhat because I gave up fighting with all of those tree limbs :P So I ended up using around 20 images instead of the 50 I had originally. Maybe I should have gotten further back?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"Photography has no rules. It is not a sport. It is the result which counts, no matter how it was achieved." ~ Bill Brandt
Gear: Canon EOS Rebel T3 and some lenses and what-not :p ~~~ See my Artwork & Photography @ http://www.artwanted.c​om/guitartistsexternal link

sponsored links
howzitboy
Goldmember
2,948 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 22, 2013 19:27 |  #2

looks like it front focused and that dog, he looks deformed for some odd reason...

http://onehourwedding.​blogspot.com/ (external link)

Guitartists
THREAD ­ STARTER
900 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 22, 2013 20:14 |  #3

Yeah.... my focus wasn't dead on like I had wanted.... I had to put her back in that spot 4 times before I managed to get her to stay...and was rushed to focus :P As to her looking deformed.... It's only 2 photos that make up her... they were pretty spot on. It might be because she is half sitting since she really wanted to get up and do something better than pose for me lol

"Photography has no rules. It is not a sport. It is the result which counts, no matter how it was achieved." ~ Bill Brandt
Gear: Canon EOS Rebel T3 and some lenses and what-not :p ~~~ See my Artwork & Photography @ http://www.artwanted.c​om/guitartistsexternal link

Sacadelic
585 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 22, 2013 20:16 |  #4

KInda hard to see with a photo that small.. How about a bigger one?

-Sac
Feedback

Guitartists
THREAD ­ STARTER
900 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 22, 2013 20:18 |  #5

Is the feel of it there though? Just wondering if I'm kinda understanding it.

Guitartists
THREAD ­ STARTER
900 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 22, 2013 20:24 |  #6

Better? (realized I could replace original image) I know this could have been much better and I still have some things I need to do next time before even taking my pics, like white balance. This was just to see what I could do with the lenses I have. Will try again with a different lens to see what can be accomplished...if anything. My 50mm has the best f stop for this kind of thing... but not the right focal distance :P

Simplistic
Goldmember
1,443 posts
Joined May 2012

May 19, 2013 02:20 |  #7

Hi there - sorry for commenting on an older post but I feel like the tree on the almost-left-third of the image is more in focus and prominent than the dog and that's what my attention goes to first instead of the dog, if that makes sense,

5D II | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | Canon 85 f/1.8 | Canon 24-105 f/4 L
WARNING!: Before commenting that my color correction is horrible, please keep in mind that I am colorblind, and that hasn't stopped me from trying.

sponsored links

997 views & 0 likes for this thread
1st attempt at Brenizer
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.