Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 05 May 2013 (Sunday) 23:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

canon 600d error 70 problem...

imranali
60 posts
Joined Jan 2012

May 05, 2013 23:48 |  #1

I've recently (since April) been getting this issue with the camera

its come up during a holiday and now its persisting.

The fault seemingly comes at random, i try to reset it by taking the battery out etc (as recommended by canon) but the problem doesnt go away. the camera seizes up and freezes. Inexplicably the issue then resolves itself after sometime (more than a few minutes - usually overnight) being switched off.

whats worse is that the camera was bought from digitalrev in feb last year - so its two months out of its warranty which is a real sucker. i've contacted them and they've said they're unable to do anything as its outside the 12 months *Sigh* two frikking months.

so has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it?

I've read from googling that this isnt a rare error - sending it to canon they just replace the interior and send a bill around the £200/300 region.

http://www.facebook.co​m/ialiphotography (external link)
Full website to come soon!!

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,275 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

May 06, 2013 00:54 |  #2

It may be as simple as doing a low-level format of your card in camera or changing to a new card, but if those don't work then have a look at THIS ARTICLE (external link). It may not help you with your 600D as it doesn't have the Custom User modes that the 7D has, but makes for interesting reading anyway.

Here is ANOTHER PIECE (external link) about using an HDMI cable as a remedy.

I personally have never had this issue(knock wood;)), so I don't know how well these methods work(if at all), just thought that I'd bring them to your attention...Good luck.:)

Mark

webjema
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined May 2013

May 09, 2013 12:23 |  #3

rrblint wrote in post #15901797 (external link)
It may be as simple as doing a low-level format of your card in camera or changing to a new card, but if those don't work then have a look at THIS ARTICLE. It may not help you with your Canon EOS 700D  (external link)as it doesn't have the Custom User modes that the 7D has, but makes for interesting reading anyway.

Here is ANOTHER PIECE about using an HDMI cable as a remedy.

I personally have never had this issue(knock wood;)), so I don't know how well these methods work(if at all), just thought that I'd bring them to your attention...Good luck.:)

Low-level format helps me. Thnx a lot!

Canon EOS 600D

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,275 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

May 09, 2013 14:19 |  #4

webjema wrote in post #15914868 (external link)
Low-level format helps me. Thnx a lot!

Glad that it did:)...And welcome to POTN.

Mark

omargawd
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Dec 03, 2013 17:31 as a reply to  @ rrblint's post |  #5

I had an 'error 70' message on my brand new 60D. Whenever I pressed the menu button when the camera was in one of the creative modes I got the 'error 70' message. Confusing was that if the camera was in basic mode this didn't happen.

Tried the low level format trick on the SD card but that didn't work.

What did work was re-flashing the camera firmware. I couldn't do this on the camera as I couldn't access the menu's. However I did managed to re-flash it using the Canon EOS utility and flashing the camera from the PC. The firmware on the camera was 1.1.1 and this was the same firmware release downloaded from Canon and flashed onto the camera.

I can now access the menu's in creative mode without the camera throwing a hissy 'error 70' fit!

The process of loading on new firmware is that the old firmware is deleted before the new firmware is installed. I reckon that the firmware was not originally installed properly on my camera, this can sometimes happen - I know because I have to install firmware on computer devices as part of my job.

I just wonder if this might work for other 'error 70' issues?

Point of warning - Firmware updating can brick your camera so make sure you read Canon's instructions and follow them. If you are not confident you can do this then don't!

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

15,850 views & 0 likes for this thread
canon 600d error 70 problem...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.