Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 18 May 2013 (Saturday) 18:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sirui P-424 anyone have one?

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 20, 2013 17:28 |  #16

johnf3f wrote in post #15950559 (external link)
I can't tell you which is best as I have had zero issues with my Gitzo, Triopo and Sirui twist locks. I can tell you that the Gitzo ALR locks are the hardest to clean though!

Yeah they are the cat's meow but no way will I pay that much for a monopod although I wish I could LOL. But I decided to go with the Sirui ordered one today with Allens camera

sponsored links
johnf3f
Goldmember
4,091 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010

May 21, 2013 15:38 |  #17

Tanglefoot47 wrote in post #15950815 (external link)
Yeah they are the cat's meow but no way will I pay that much for a monopod although I wish I could LOL. But I decided to go with the Sirui ordered one today with Allens camera

I managed to pick up a Gitzo GM2541 at a VERY reasonable price, however it was still a piece more than my P424.
I think you will be happy with the Sirui, I am with mine!

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 21, 2013 15:44 |  #18

johnf3f wrote in post #15954009 (external link)
I managed to pick up a Gitzo GM2541 at a VERY reasonable price, however it was still a piece more than my P424.
I think you will be happy with the Sirui, I am with mine!

I am sure I will I have the Sirui L-10 tilt head and it's well made. Also seen the reviews of the 326 seems everyone is very happy with it

afoton
348 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 22, 2013 03:57 |  #19

The L-10 tilt head is well working, so if you like a tilt head, it is a very good option. I prefer a ball head, so I have replaced my L-10 with a ball head that was not working well on a tripod, but do the job on my monopod (a not working pano base on that ball head)

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 22, 2013 12:54 |  #20

afoton wrote in post #15955687 (external link)
The L-10 tilt head is well working, so if you like a tilt head, it is a very good option. I prefer a ball head, so I have replaced my L-10 with a ball head that was not working well on a tripod, but do the job on my monopod (a not working pano base on that ball head)

I am trying to sell my L-10 right now and when it does sell I want to get a small ballhead maybe the photoclam awesome small head

johnf3f
Goldmember
4,091 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 23, 2013 14:08 |  #21

Tanglefoot47 wrote in post #15957013 (external link)
I am trying to sell my L-10 right now and when it does sell I want to get a small ballhead maybe the photoclam awesome small head

As I mentioned in another post I, personally, find ball heads a liability on mono pods. However I find the Sirui L10 pretty good for lenses up to my 300 F2.8.

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 23, 2013 19:36 |  #22

Well I ordered a Sirui ballhead will give it a try, if I don't like it I will get a tripod so I am out nothing

afoton
348 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 24, 2013 02:17 |  #23

The one ball head I have, with the non smooth pano base, is a Sirui G-20. The tension control is also nothing to cheer for. For using on a tripod, that ball head is just junk, and nothing I can recomend. I am hoping you are more lucky with your Sirui ball head.

johnf3f
Goldmember
4,091 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 24, 2013 18:44 |  #24

Tanglefoot47 wrote in post #15961443 (external link)
Well I ordered a Sirui ballhead will give it a try, if I don't like it I will get a tripod so I am out nothing

I have the Sirui K 40X ball head - it is a cracking piece of kit. Don't know which model you have ordered but if the quality is similar to mine you will be pleased.

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 24, 2013 21:17 |  #25

johnf3f wrote in post #15964458 (external link)
I have the Sirui K 40X ball head - it is a cracking piece of kit. Don't know which model you have ordered but if the quality is similar to mine you will be pleased.

SIRUI K-20X Professional Tripod Ball Head this is the one I ordered

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 24, 2013 21:18 |  #26

afoton wrote in post #15962223 (external link)
The one ball head I have, with the non smooth pano base, is a Sirui G-20. The tension control is also nothing to cheer for. For using on a tripod, that ball head is just junk, and nothing I can recomend. I am hoping you are more lucky with your Sirui ball head.

I had one of these for a short time and I have to agree about the pano base but I am not worried about panning

johnf3f
Goldmember
4,091 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 25, 2013 18:12 |  #27

Tanglefoot47 wrote in post #15964827 (external link)
I had one of these for a short time and I have to agree about the pano base but I am not worried about panning

You should find your K 20 X to be a smooth operator in every aspect and direction.

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 25, 2013 20:03 |  #28

johnf3f wrote in post #15967099 (external link)
You should find your K 20 X to be a smooth operator in every aspect and direction.

I am sure it will be should get the Monopod Monday and the head Wed. I even went as far as buying a Sirui tripod which will be here this week

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 28, 2013 17:57 |  #29

afoton wrote in post #15945806 (external link)
I have a P-424. It does the job as intended.
The spike is too short, so it is not much use of it. The rubber foot is just too wide for the spike to reach the surface, if the mono pod is not in almost right angle to the surface.
I don't like the twist lock on it, but I don't know if that is just me, or there is better implementation of twist lock from other vendors.

I just got the 424 today when the brown trucked showed up:D I tried the spike and I think it's plenty long enough

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 28, 2013 17:58 |  #30

The 424 was delivered today looks awesome, very strong and looks great

sponsored links

9,841 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sirui P-424 anyone have one?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.