Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 20 May 2013 (Monday) 16:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Flickr HUGE Makeover !

amckenzie4
507 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 01, 2013 07:20 |  #436

You know, when the Flickr makeover came through, I hated it. But I wanted to retain the option of keeping my Pro account, so I paid for it, and decided to give it some time.

Well, I've been using the new Flickr for a while now, and I think my opinion has changed: I hate it even more.

I used to spend time on Flickr most days, checking to see what was in my feed, looking around to see what friends had done, looking at a few different groups to see what was new, checking up on users I didn't want to follow directly, but still liked to see what they were posting, things like that. I find the new layout so mind-wrenchingly ugly and hard to look at that I've completely stopped trying. I only really go there to find specific photos in my own stream, rather than exploring and looking at other people's work.

I find that disappointing in a lot of ways. The biggest is that that was a big source of inspiration for me. I'm still not all that good a photographer, and I get discouraged with my own lack of progress fairly frequently. Going and looking there for new things gave me new ideas for things to try, and I'm not getting that anymore.

-Alex (Flickr (external link))
Gear:
Canon AE-1P with a Tokina 50-250 zoom and some shorter lenses
Canon 60d, Canon 28-135 IS USM Tamron 70-300 VC, Canon 50 1.8, Canon 85 1.8.

reprazent
Goldmember
1,045 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 07, 2013 09:41 |  #437

and now colour of the bar changed into (yahoo)purple :eek:
to be honest if they made it purple from the start, I think people would be less annoyed by it.

gearlist | flickr (external link)

kiapolo
870 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Aug 07, 2013 13:19 |  #438

reprazent wrote in post #16188180 (external link)
to be honest if they made it purple from the start, I think people would be less annoyed by it.

I like it better in dark purple. But I still adblock it. I had to "pause" adblock to see what the new color looked like.

| kiapolo.com (external link) (blog) | Gear List | Flickr (external link) | YouTube (external link) | 2012 Project 366 (external link) |

Shane ­ W
839 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 08, 2013 08:34 |  #439

Maybe its just time to leave Flickr for me. I have had a Pro account for many years and my renewal is up this fall and I don't think I will spend the 25 clams again. The site is soooo damn slow (and ugly) that I don't even bother browsing any more. I used to LOVE looking at the "Most recent uploads" from all users and finding the gems hidden in pile of snapshots. That's gone. my Groups page is now a splatter of photo tiles. I used to browse Flickr for 30 minutes a day while I had my morning coffee, but the site I now find a waste of my time because speed is so slow and the layout is butt-ugly! soooo, enough ranting, as we all seem to hate the "upgrades" Flickr dumped on us, but where do we go? I like my groups and contacts and will miss that interaction and exposure, but my time is not free enough to waste while litle balls spin ans more stuff I didn't care to see anyway is "fetched". If everyone just leaves, they might think about ways to fetch users instead. The end!

Shane W

70D | Sig 10-20 | EF-S 15-85 | EF 70-200 2.8L | Sig 150-500 | Viv 28 2.5 | Sig 30 | Tak 50 1.4 [COLOR=blue]| EF 100 2.8 Macro | 1.4x TC | Nodal Ninja 3 | Tripods | Some Flashes | My flickr  (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

42,763 views & 0 likes for this thread
Flickr HUGE Makeover !
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.