Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 26 May 2013 (Sunday) 16:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

So is this a really a good deal? Or just a good deal.

Canajun
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 26, 2013 16:15 |  #1

So this is one of those things that I consider an impulse buy. Jon the moderator posted a Canon rebates topic. All day long I've been thinking small, I was thinking of replacing my SX40 with the SX50. Then it hit me, instead of the SX50 maybe I should look up how much is the 7D is going for.

Well I found a local store that has it for CDN $1099 (body only)I was going to wait for the sometime in the future "Mk2". For financial reason i probably wont be able to afford the new one (when it comes out) So is this price really a good deal? Or is it really, really, really, really a good deal?

Sorry I don't usually keep up on current prices.:oops:

Jun.Roberto.Dizon.Greg​orio
My Photographic Gears.

I Like Shooting Animals Than People.

sponsored links
MingTyhMaa
107 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 26, 2013 17:11 |  #2

Used prices seem to be basically $950-1000. If your is brand new, that may be a respectable deal, but doesn't seem like a really really really good deal.
7D seems to be getting a little long in the tooth, especially considering its competition.
For example, Nikon d7000 for $600 used, and now D7100.

Sony A7II + 24-70 f4 + 55 1.8
Sony A6000 + 8mm fish, 10-18, 55-210
Sony RX100III

Canajun
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 26, 2013 17:58 |  #3

MingTyhMaa wrote in post #15969824 (external link)
(1.) Used prices seem to be basically $950-1000. If your is brand new, that may be a respectable deal, but doesn't seem like a really really really good deal.
(2.) 7D seems to be getting a little long in the tooth, especially (3.) considering its competition.
For example, Nikon d7000 for $600 used, and now D7100.

1. That's good to know. the sale price seems to be consistent with the other western Canadian provinces.
2. I can live with it. don't have to have the latest & greatest up to date technologies. Besides I can't wander too far from my target budget. This will replace my aging 40D :D and hopefully improve my birding experience.
3. I want to stay with Canon. I'm not willing to part with the lens I already have.

Thanks for your insights.

My Photographic Gears.

Canajun
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 27, 2013 13:42 as a reply to  @ Canajun's post |  #4

212 views but only one replies :cry: :cry: :cry:

I guess it's not such a good deal after all.

My Photographic Gears.

IShootThings
I thought I was special.......
2,032 posts
Joined May 2009

May 27, 2013 23:06 |  #5

I don't know if they ship to Canada but check out Greentoe.com

Here's some info on them:
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1294479

Canon 5D3, Canon XTI (IR converted), 24-70 f2.8L, 16-35 f4L, 50 1.4, 70-200 f2.8L, 100 2.8 macro, 430 ex & 580 exII speedlights.

revluke
438 posts
Joined Oct 2012

May 28, 2013 00:19 |  #6

7d is a huge upgrade to the 40d, and you can find them slightly used on here for $800 to $900 US, so YMMV. I just bought my old one back and am happy to have it in the stable. Takes great pics with my 70-200 and I love the "free" 1.6x zoom. AF is awesome, 18MP is great. Only downside for me was the high ISO noise, but if you are birding, find a good deal and enjoy the 7d for years to come...

5dIII | 70d | Rokinon 14 | 16-35 f4 IS | 40 2.8 | s50A | 70-200 2.8 IS II | 100 f2 | s120-300S | sigma 2x | 600EX-RT

Canajun
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 28, 2013 01:00 |  #7

IShootThings wrote in post #15974179 (external link)
I don't know if they ship to Canada but check out Greentoe.com

Here's some info on them:
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1294479

Good concept. Unfortunately their FAQ states US only for now.

revluke wrote in post #15974290 (external link)
7d is a huge upgrade to the 40d, and you can find them slightly used on here for $800 to $900 US, so YMMV. I just bought my old one back and am happy to have it in the stable. Takes great pics with my 70-200 and I love the "free" 1.6x zoom. AF is awesome, 18MP is great. Only downside for me was the high ISO noise, but if you are birding, find a good deal and enjoy the 7d for years to come...

I had until May 31st. But I have come to a decision to go for the brand new. The used market is rather thin where I am. :D

Thanks guys

My Photographic Gears.

sponsored links

744 views & 0 likes for this thread
So is this a really a good deal? Or just a good deal.
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.