Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 04 Jun 2013 (Tuesday) 16:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First wedding with the 6D - Very happy!

ShotByTom
Goldmember
3,020 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 04, 2013 16:23 |  #1

This was my first wedding using my new 6D and I have to say I'm very happy with it's performance. I shot a lot of the ceremony and indoor prep shots at 3200 ISO with no flash and there is no noise to clean up! This wedding was held in an old barn at a tree farm, here are a few shots:

IMAGE: http://wildharephoto.smugmug.com/Weddings/Tom-and-Cristin/i-J8qRTR9/0/L/Aguilar_01710-L.jpg

ISO 3200:
IMAGE: http://wildharephoto.smugmug.com/Weddings/Tom-and-Cristin/i-sXBDBXR/0/L/Aguilar_00508%20E2-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://wildharephoto.smugmug.com/Weddings/Tom-and-Cristin/i-FBqXwcb/0/L/Aguilar_01432-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://wildharephoto.smugmug.com/Weddings/Tom-and-Cristin/i-sVqncRq/0/L/Aguilar_01522-L.jpg

Gear
Website (external link)

sponsored links
jonwhite
Goldmember
1,279 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 04, 2013 17:33 |  #2

1. Nice but would benefit from a slightly tighter crop to remove the bit of building creeping into the right hand side of the frame.

2. I like, she looks very sad though.

3. Looks like a guests shot taken from the left hand side of whoever was really taking the shot, Lighting is not good and, you have someone's elbow on the right hand side of the frame and you have people stood/squatted in front of the bride and groom which is generally a bad idea. Lots of lean due to where you took it from and if you straighten it the people will be leaning.

4. OK shot but the background is very distracting with the white line coming out of the grooms forehead.

Wedding Portfolio Website (external link) | Wedding Photographer Blog (external link)

ktan7
Goldmember
1,016 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jun 05, 2013 00:24 |  #3

Great work on this wedding photo set!

Vancouver wedding photography (external link)
Picture blog (external link)
Mexico wedding photographer (external link)

Rushmore
Goldmember
1,116 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Jun 05, 2013 02:32 |  #4

Apart from why has been said above... 3 and 4 are not straight.....

Reppin the 5D iii and 7D with some lenses and some lights
LIKE MY PHOTOGRAPHY PAGE (external link)
MY STUDIO FACEBOOK PAGE (external link)
www.phlashworx.co.uk (external link)
My Photography Website (external link)

richardhurst
636 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jun 05, 2013 09:41 |  #5

jonwhite wrote in post #16000010 (external link)
1. Nice but would benefit from a slightly tighter crop to remove the bit of building creeping into the right hand side of the frame.

2. I like, she looks very sad though.

3. Looks like a guests shot taken from the left hand side of whoever was really taking the shot, Lighting is not good and, you have someone's elbow on the right hand side of the frame and you have people stood/squatted in front of the bride and groom which is generally a bad idea. Lots of lean due to where you took it from and if you straighten it the people will be leaning.

4. OK shot but the background is very distracting with the white line coming out of the grooms forehead.

Got to agree with the above. But it's all a learning curve and your improve next time

www.richardhurstphotog​raphy.co.uk (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om …otography/25411​6831306074 (external link)
http://richardhurst.50​0px.com (external link)

RMTac
89 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Jun 05, 2013 19:02 |  #6

Good job!

Las Vegas Wedding Photography (external link) - Blog (external link) - Facebook (external link)

mclaren777
Goldmember
1,482 posts
Joined May 2012

Jun 08, 2013 11:32 |  #7

Why aren't people looking at you in the third shot?

A simple comparison of sensor technology: Nikon vs. Canon (external link)
A technical comparison of sensor technology: Exposure Latitude (external link)

ShotByTom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,020 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 08, 2013 14:18 |  #8

All of these shots, except the black and white, are straight out of the camera, they haven't been straightened, color corrected or anything else. The black and white just had some blemish clean up and converted, no other corrections. I clicked on the wrong link to post the 3rd shot, it should have been this one:

IMAGE: http://wildharephoto.smugmug.com/Weddings/Tom-and-Cristin/i-VX2ZX6N/0/L/Aguilar_01390-L.jpg

My partner was shooting from a different angle with a shorter lens to give a different perspective and they were looking at him in the 3rd shot.

Gear
Website (external link)

DanFrank
380 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 08, 2013 17:09 |  #9

well do your PP and than re post. I'm sure they'll look better with some editing.

Gear "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others"

dawssvt
406 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 12, 2013 03:32 |  #10

Not bad for your first!

St. Louis, MO Portrait and Wedding Photographer (external link)
My Smugmug (external link)

jonwhite
Goldmember
1,279 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 12, 2013 08:29 |  #11

ShotByTom wrote in post #16011908 (external link)
All of these shots, except the black and white, are straight out of the camera, they haven't been straightened, color corrected or anything else. The black and white just had some blemish clean up and converted, no other corrections. I clicked on the wrong link to post the 3rd shot, it should have been this one:

My partner was shooting from a different angle with a shorter lens to give a different perspective and they were looking at him in the 3rd shot.

Seems a bit strange to post one that has been PP'd and others that haven't.

3 still looks like you were stood to the side, almost like, "right everyone look at me now" after the other photographer had taken theirs.

dawssvt wrote in post #16023008 (external link)
Not bad for your first!

It was his first time out with a new camera, not his first wedding.

Wedding Portfolio Website (external link) | Wedding Photographer Blog (external link)

domrafiti1
67 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 14, 2013 20:26 |  #12

what did you think of the 6D? did it fall short in any areas?

olivier.zueri
64 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 15, 2013 04:42 |  #13

richardhurst wrote in post #16001913 (external link)
Got to agree with the above. But it's all a learning curve and your improve next time

I don't think it's terrible if she looks sad. Maybe she was sad, maybe she was thinking about the rest of the day, maybe she was wondering "When that annoying kid is going to stop messing around with her curtains". I think it's important to shoot the reality of the event itself. If it's an arranged marriage and she's not too thrilled, you can try and get her to loosen up and smile here and there but not very much else you can do. You're there to get the best photos you can possibly take.

What I would do though in future is avoid cutting her off at her neck (goes for limbs too). Meaning give her some shoulders or a torso if shooting from above or something. Once you've got your composition down, then even taking away from a head. Meaning just lips with a bit of jawline, possibly eyes with a bit of cheekbone etc... Otherwise you just have a head and I (personally) think you're taking away too much from a person (pun intended).

All the above rolled into one line, unless there's a very specificly composed photo you want to take avoid cutting of at joints. In between joints generally works better.

i like people
www.osmeier.com (external link) |www.facebook.com/Olivi​erMeierPhotography (external link)

ShotByTom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,020 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 15, 2013 18:15 |  #14

domrafiti1 wrote in post #16032179 (external link)
what did you think of the 6D? did it fall short in any areas?

I was very happy with it, my biggest concern was focusing in low light but it did great. I used it in ai servo and sing shot and was very happy with it.

Gear
Website (external link)

sponsored links

3,881 views & 0 likes for this thread
First wedding with the 6D - Very happy!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.