Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 21 Jun 2013 (Friday) 00:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Yosemite

Jon ­ Clemens
Goldmember
1,113 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jun 28, 2013 21:20 |  #31

The drive can take from under an hour to about three hours, depending on traffic and how many times you stop to take pictures.

Canon 7D | 400L | 70-200L | 24-105L | Tokina 11-16
jonclemensphotography.​com

sponsored links
tomholman
Goldmember
1,333 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jun 29, 2013 14:08 |  #32

Nice shots and editing!

Tom
My Home (external link)
http://www.nthelight.c​om/ (external link)

CO ­ Mac
THREAD ­ STARTER
305 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jul 12, 2013 14:09 |  #33

I drove from the valley through Tuolumne in one day. From the valley I would say that it took me about 1 hr to get to Olmsted Point, then maybe another 30 min to the meadows. I stopped at least 10 times, and could have easily stopped more. If I hadn't needed to be back at work two days later I would have booked another few days.

You will love driving along Tioga Road. Besides the major landmarks, there are so many interesting spots that could easily be missed. Take your time and enjoy it.

tagnal wrote in post #16074254 (external link)
How long does it take to drive from the valley to Tuolumne Meadows?

And how many times did you pull over to check out something interesting along the way?

I'll be there at the end of July and never went up Tioga Road before. Just stayed in the valley on 2 previous day trips. But this time I'll be camping there for a few nights.

John
Canon 6D
17-40L, 24-105L, 70-300L, Nifty Fifty

CO ­ Mac
THREAD ­ STARTER
305 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jul 12, 2013 14:09 as a reply to  @ CO Mac's post |  #34

Thank you all for the wonderful remarks.

John
Canon 6D

CO ­ Mac
THREAD ­ STARTER
305 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jul 12, 2013 14:13 |  #35

Honestly, besides bumping up the shadows and adding a little vibrance, I really did not do too much. I hate going overboard on processing. The sunset that evening was among the best I have ever wittnessed. The colors were so intense.

Helenica wrote in post #16067291 (external link)
Nice work CO. I like #1 and #3 most. In the last 3 the post processing is taken just a bit too far for my tastes.

John
Canon 6D

tmcman
Goldmember
4,409 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 13, 2013 05:44 |  #36

Nicely done.

Comments, Questions, Observations Welcome
Fuji X-T2, 18-55mm, Gitzo 1541 w/ Markins M10 ballhead.
"Art always shows itself by doing much with few and simple things." Arthur Wesley Dow

sponsored links

4,673 views & 0 likes for this thread
Yosemite
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.