Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 Jul 2013 (Tuesday) 09:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Possible blasphemy... Nikon d3200vsCanon t4i

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
Combating camera shame since 1977...
9,901 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Jul 02, 2013 14:15 |  #16

spider87 wrote in post #16084686 (external link)
This was well stated thank you! However, sorry to be slow on the uptick but are you saying I should be able to find a t5i at roughly the same price point if not lower since they're flooding the market?

from what i've noticed, when a camera is discontinued, it's price can sometimes rise, which then supports the price of the model just above it. Both may go up a touch.

as supplies of the discontinued camera fall, so do the prices of the model just above it. I actually thought both of those cameras were a little cheaper than they seem to be, but unless you're in a situation where you have to have it now, keep an eye on prices and see where they go over the next few months.

today's release of the 70D should push down the T5i as well.

of course all this is just speculation. :D

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

spider87
THREAD ­ STARTER
224 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jul 02, 2013 14:28 |  #17

hes gone wrote in post #16084822 (external link)
=he's gone;16084822]from what i've noticed, when a camera is discontinued, it's price can sometimes rise, which then supports the price of the model just above it. Both may go up a touch.

as supplies of the discontinued camera fall, so do the prices of the model just above it. I actually thought both of those cameras were a little cheaper than they seem to be, but unless you're in a situation where you have to have it now, keep an eye on prices and see where they go over the next few months.

today's release of the 70D should push down the T5i as well.

of course all this is just speculation. :D

Sounds logical though haha I'll keep an eye on things for a while. Both are a lot higher than I was expecting as well!

My gallery (external link)
Gear: Canon Rebel T5i & Canon Rebel XT|Canon 18-55mm IS STM Kit lens f3.5-5.6|Canon 70-300mm f4-5.6|Canon 50mm f1.8 (Finally!)

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 02, 2013 16:07 |  #18

spider87 wrote in post #16084357 (external link)
Opinions on refurbished?

I'd buy, and have bought, refurb from Canon Direct all day long. The savings you can get, especially during a holiday season, are substantial. Last Black Friday (November) they had the T3i for $375 and T2i for $270 (T2i's were out of stock obviously!) ;)

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 02, 2013 16:48 |  #19

I've never gone on Flickr or a site like it and said "The Nikon d3xxx shots are all so much better than the Canon Txi shots!".
Especially considering all of your shots are going to be processed the way you want them. Contrast, color, etc aren't really going to matter coming out of the camera anyway ;)

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,614 views & 0 likes for this thread
Possible blasphemy... Nikon d3200vsCanon t4i
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.