How about sports - we have not done that one in a while!
Everyone can enter and everyone helps pick the winner.
You do not need to enter to vote. To vote, post your choice for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Points will be 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd. Places will be determined by the number of overall points each photo receives. Feel free to offer your reasons for your choices after the voting closes...not before.
To submit an entry, click Post Reply and put your Photo Name and Camera Model either in the Subject line, or in the body text of your entry.
Post until Tuesday at 12 noon GMT, July 9thh, 2013.
Voting starts Tuesday at 12 noon GMT, July 9th, 2013.
Vote until Thursday at 12 midnight GMT, July 11th, 2013.
Do not vote for your own photo.
Please, no comments until after voting closes. We don't want to influence other votes. Thanks.
1. Camera -- Any Canon Powershot Series Camera (SD-series, ELPH, IXUS, SX-series, D-series, A-series, S1/2, & S-series only ... No Pro 1's or G-Series!!!)
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be no larger than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title optional.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer until voting is closed. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
8. Hosting & Resize -- If you need assistance readying your image for entry, please PM either a moderator, or the person running this week's challenge.
*Person running this weeks contest breaks any tie.
*New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
*Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced, normally Friday morning.
*Posting Stops and voting starts ... Tuesday 24 noon GMT
*Voting stops ... Thursday midnight GMT. Anyone posting an image may announce the winner after that time.
*Winners Announcement ... As soon as possible after voting closes.
*Winner chooses new contest topic and starts the next challenge Friday morning.
*If a new contest is not started by the winner during the day Friday, the 2nd place winner will chose the new topic and start the contest
*If you think you might win and know you will be away from your computer during the contest close please PM someone to act on your behalf.*
Good luck and have fun.