Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 23 Jul 2013 (Tuesday) 09:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Need opinions: Camera+Lenses+Laptop Bag?

Sens0r
90 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jul 23, 2013 09:44 |  #1

I'm a heavy traveler, and by that I mean that I like to travel heavy and carry a lot of stuff with me. I do cross states at least once a month, and regularly take the train or drive to New York City for conferences and/or fun on weekends.

I've been traveling with 3 bags, laptop+documents swiss gear shoulder bag, large Canon bag for the camera stuff, and a duffel bag for clothes,etc..

I'm looking for a bag that can accommodate and protect my camera gear, including lenses (3-4), charger, cleaning kit, flash, batteries, etc.. AND my 13.3" MacBook Pro, power cord, and external HDD.

I've been browsing through this thread and I'm overwhelmed by the number of bags there are but can't find THE PERFECT BAG FOR ME.

I need your suggestions, maybe you guys can point out some bags that can make it easy for me to carry all these things together.

I don't mind the price as long as it's a bag that will live long enough to pay for its price.

Thanks in advance,

My profile on 500px.com (external link) | Follow me on Instagram (external link)
Canon 600D | Canon EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 IS II | Canon EF 50mm 1.8 | Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD | YN-560II

sponsored links
nellyle
Goldmember
1,228 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Jul 23, 2013 10:00 |  #2

ThinkTank Airport Accelerator will take that and more.

5D3, 7D2, 1D3, 40D, 14 f2.8 Samyang, 17-40 L, 28-80 L, 70-200 2.8ii L, 200 2.8ii L, 200-400 L, 1.4 ii,
http://chris-stamp.smugmug.com/ (external link)

Mackeral
524 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jul 23, 2013 10:35 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

the Billingham 307 maybe?

"Complete quietness surrounded me as the dense fog smothered all sounds. As the sun rose, lifting the fog to reveal this majestic mountain, all my thoughts of the daily hustle and bustle were put away, allowing me to sit in solitude with nature."
-Utter Bull

Superdaantje
557 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 23, 2013 10:38 |  #4

The perfect bag is the one that brings you comfort when using it. The only one that can judge if a bag is comfortable is you :D

Advise go to a shop and test some bags with your gear

Are you searching for a back pack or shoulder bag ?
and what is your budget.

For my dslr stuff I use:
Back pack: Kata minibee UL-111 black (fits a macbook)
Shoulder bag: Think tank retrospective 20

For the small camera:
Back pack; National Geographic Private Collection P5080 (fits a macbook)
Shoulder bag: ONA The Bowery Cognac Leather

Wagner.photography -  (external link) Workshops photography in the Netherlands & Indonesia -_-
Gear list (external link)

Sens0r
THREAD ­ STARTER
90 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jul 23, 2013 10:56 |  #5

nellyle wrote in post #16146195 (external link)
ThinkTank Airport Accelerator will take that and more.

I was just browsing the thinktank website, I think it's the closest to my needs so far.
I only have two lenses now, but I know the collection will expand very soon (50mm 1.2L to start with :cool:)

Mackeral wrote in post #16146301 (external link)
the Billingham 307 maybe?

Very nice, but I'll go with a backpack as the weight will probably kill my shoulder :D

Superdaantje wrote in post #16146313 (external link)
For the small camera:
Back pack; National Geographic Private Collection P5080 (fits a macbook)

I love this bag! Very nice material.. It's like a collectible item.. Hopefully in the future for hiking..

Thank you all so much, that was really helpful.. I think I'll go with the ThinkTank Airport Accelerator.

My profile on 500px.com (external link) | Follow me on Instagram (external link)
Canon 600D | Canon EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 IS II | Canon EF 50mm 1.8 | Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD | YN-560II

Mahgnillig
206 posts
Joined May 2011

Jul 23, 2013 15:00 |  #6

Dakine Quest if you want something that looks a little less like a camera bag: https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1167685

Mackeral
524 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jul 23, 2013 15:04 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

Sens0r wrote in post #16146366 (external link)
Very nice, but I'll go with a backpack as the weight will probably kill my shoulder :D

F-STop Kenti then. Great backpack. Small but versatile and best for use with a laptop.

"Complete quietness surrounded me as the dense fog smothered all sounds. As the sun rose, lifting the fog to reveal this majestic mountain, all my thoughts of the daily hustle and bustle were put away, allowing me to sit in solitude with nature."
-Utter Bull

Superdaantje
557 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 23, 2013 15:24 |  #8

Mackeral wrote in post #16147099 (external link)
F-STop Kenti then. Great backpack. Small but versatile and best for use with a laptop.

Comfort is something personal. For me its was not that comfortable when fully packed. Many back packs are good for laptops ;-)a
Best thing to do is test backpacks your self at a shop. Never trust reviews or comments about comfort. This is a personal thing ! :D

Wagner.photography -  (external link) Workshops photography in the Netherlands & Indonesia -_-
Gear list (external link)

tagnal
Goldmember
1,255 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 24, 2013 05:01 |  #9

i love my think tank airport bag with the low divider set and artificial intelligence laptop bag.

5D3 / M3 / S100 / Σ 35 Art / 50 1.8 / 135 L / 17-40 L / 24-70 L / 70-200 f/4 IS L / m 22 2.0 / 580ex II
Toy List | flickr (external link) | FAA (external link)

sponsored links

1,237 views & 0 likes for this thread
Need opinions: Camera+Lenses+Laptop Bag?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.