I think this may be my first post in this section!
I don't shoot weddings as a rule, however I do get asked to do family weddings, and due to cultural reasons, I can't actually say no and still attend the wedding (if I am not attending the wedding, saying no is not a problem). This is now my third wedding I have shot. The first was a traditional wedding in Botswana, the second was the same couples 'white wedding' which was in the Groom's home town in the UK, so was a traditional British wedding, and now my third was a traditional Italian wedding, though with an Italian Groom and a Botswanan Bride.
This wedding was the first where the bridal party went to a different location for some photos between the ceremony and the reception. They were happy for me to play around, so I had my off camera flash kit with me, and we had some fun.
The couple have seen the photos and are very happy with them, so that is a good thing! Here are some of my favourites from the day. Any C&C would be appreciated though as even though I am not planning on doing any more for a while, I will no doubt get asked to do another in the future, so any tips to improve will be a help!
1) 40D, 28mm, ISO 100, f5, 1/250, natural light
2) 40D, 70mm, ISO 100, f4, 1/200, ETTL flash (this shot was not set up, hence the bins, but I really liked the look on their faces as they walked from their cars to where we were waiting)
3) 40D, 28mm, ISO 100, f8, 1/125, flash: 1/2 power in shoot thru brolly camera right
4) 40D, 28mm, ISO 100, f5.6, 1/80, flash: 1/2 power in shoot thru brolly, camera right and pointing up at the couple.
5) 40D, 44mm, ISO 200, f6.3, 1/50, ETTL flash.
6) 40D, 28mm, ISO 1000, f4.5, 1/10, ETTL flash.
7) 40D, 44mm, ISO 1250, f2.8, 1/60, -1/3 EV, ETTL flash.
8) 40D, 28mm, ISO 1250, f2.8, 1/13, available light (and a tree to lean against!)
Thanks for looking!