Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 03 Aug 2013 (Saturday) 06:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Refurbished Out Of Stock

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 04, 2013 16:34 |  #16

PerfectTan wrote in post #16180795 (external link)
Would you buy refurbished 6D body from Canon (external link) ($1599) vs DigitalREV (external link) ($1699) brand new.
Question: who is more reputable?

Digital Rev is reputable but the items you buy from them will be imported/gray market. So you will not have Canon USA warranty.

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

sponsored links
jacuff
Goldmember
2,581 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 04, 2013 19:54 |  #17

Would you buy refurbished 6D body from Canon (external link) ($1599) vs DigitalREV (external link) ($1699) brand new.

1KIND wrote in post #16180908 (external link)
Digital Rev is reputable but the items you buy from them will be imported/gray market. So you will not have Canon USA warranty.

You also might get hit with an import bill from FedEx if you order from DigitalRev.

Gear, Feedback (eBay (external link)), Web (external link), Blog (external link), FB (external link), Twitter (external link)

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 04, 2013 20:16 |  #18

jacuff wrote in post #16181322 (external link)
You also might get hit with an import bill from FedEx if you order from DigitalRev.

There is no might. You will. I forgot about that. I ordered a lens for a friend and even though I paid for what DigitalRev was charging, I got a separate bill from FedEx having me pay for the import. It was no more than $40

FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

aegid
506 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 04, 2013 21:30 |  #19

You'll end up paying tax on the refurb so that brings it up to $1730 or so depending on your state. You still might as well buy the refurb because you get a 1 year warranty on it. If you can afford to wait you can save a few more bucks through a deal like 6D + PRO-100 (sell the PRO-100 for $100 on craigslist or use it) after rebate.

5d3,17-40,24-105,24 1.4,85 1.4,70-200 2.8 is ii

Asterisk
890 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 04, 2013 22:42 |  #20

Neither, I would buy from GetItDigital via eBay for $1664 -- they are US model from an unauthorized dealer and other people have successfully gotten warranty service on it. No tax (to every state but NY) and free shipping.

Or you can get a notification on canonpricewatch for another $1599 or $1550 eBay 6D sale.
http://www.canonpricew​atch.com …9/Canon-EOS-6D-price.html (external link)

01erionracing
236 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Aug 04, 2013 23:52 |  #21

I am in the middle of $1664 free shipping no tax brand new from GetItDigital ebay non authorized or $1599 free shipping no tax refurbished from Adorama 1 year warranty. It is hard to make a decision. Looks like Adorama only provides 90 days warranty.

Canon 6D/70D
Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 - Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art - Canon 40mm F/2.8 - Canon 85mm F/1.8 - Canon 18-135mm STM kit lens - Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 OS - Canon 100-400mm L - Canon speedlite 430ex ii x3

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 23, 2013 10:58 |  #22

I'm posting this in 3 threads - NOT spamming, just seeking some serious feedback and would like to get this out to as many relevant parties as possible.

As most of you know, Canon is giving a 12 month warranty on all refurbs purchased directly from them, whereas Adorama has been offering just 90 days.
However, we have been advised by Canon that refurbs purchased from Adorama, could nevertheless be returned by a customer to them under warranty right up until the end of the 12-month period.

Our issue with that, is that inside the refurb boxes that Canon send us, we understand there is a warranty card stating that the unit is only has a 90-day warranty!

We want to be able to let prospective Canon refurb customers know that they get the same warranty period wherever they purchase ie directly from Canon, or from Adorama. BUT, because of the presence of the warranty card, legally we can't!

I've been asked to find a solution, so I figured, nobody better to ask than the people most affected by this.......that's you.

So if any of you have any suggestions or ideas as to how I can word the info, to make it accurate, AND clear, I'd be most grateful.

You can email me: Helen@adorama.com (external link)

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 23, 2013 12:49 |  #23

HelenOster wrote in post #16233446 (external link)
I'm posting this in 3 threads - NOT spamming, just seeking some serious feedback and would like to get this out to as many relevant parties as possible.

As most of you know, Canon is giving a 12 month warranty on all refurbs purchased directly from them, whereas Adorama has been offering just 90 days.
However, we have been advised by Canon that refurbs purchased from Adorama, could nevertheless be returned by a customer to them under warranty right up until the end of the 12-month period.

Our issue with that, is that inside the refurb boxes that Canon send us, we understand there is a warranty card stating that the unit is only has a 90-day warranty!

We want to be able to let prospective Canon refurb customers know that they get the same warranty period wherever they purchase ie directly from Canon, or from Adorama. BUT, because of the presence of the warranty card, legally we can't!

I've been asked to find a solution, so I figured, nobody better to ask than the people most affected by this.......that's you.

So if any of you have any suggestions or ideas as to how I can word the info, to make it accurate, AND clear, I'd be most grateful.

You can email me: Helen@adorama.com (external link)

https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=16233731&po​stcount=35

sponsored links

2,698 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Refurbished Out Of Stock
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.