Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Aug 2013 (Wednesday) 10:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Refurb Sale shortly

jrbdmb
Goldmember
1,291 posts
Joined May 2011

Sep 07, 2013 21:39 |  #76

So the 70D will probably not be added for what ... six months? Nine months?

Tools: 70D, 10-22, Tamron 24-70 VC, 70-300L, 135 f2L

mine1
Goldmember
1,289 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Sep 08, 2013 02:51 as a reply to  @ jrbdmb's post |  #77

I am gunna go with 18 months

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/81190407@N08/ (external link)
Canon 60d.Canon 18-135, 55-250 II, and 10-18 stm. and Benro C-1681t Travel Angel, with Sirui K20x head.

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 08, 2013 15:08 |  #78

spotch wrote in post #16274942 (external link)
I can't believe how fast the 6d has gotten (relatively) affordable. Makes it hard for me to not just keep waiting for future deals on it vs buying something like a 5d ii (even though I know those are great as well).

Agreed. I think i'm gonna pull the trigger when those $2k for 6d kit / rebate comes up. sell the lens.

CameraBuff
Goldmember
2,860 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Sep 09, 2013 16:51 |  #79

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16279242 (external link)
Agreed. I think i'm gonna pull the trigger when those $2k for 6d kit / rebate comes up. sell the lens.

B&H just raised their price on that rebate kit to $2699.00 which is $2299.00 after rebate. Adorama will probably do the same. Too bad I was waiting for that original deal also!

Sony A7r, Sony 16-35 f4, Canon 1d3, Canon 70-200 f4L, Sigma 150-600 contemporary, G1X, Lee filter holder and gnd's, Singh-Ray reverse gnd
Flickr (external link)

ryanshoots
344 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 09, 2013 22:01 |  #80

la canon amateur wrote in post #16258554 (external link)
People that game the system are the ones that cause it to be lost for the people that use it for its original intention. Seems like a persons character means less and less to people over the last few generations. I know that people of low character have always been around just seems more now than ever.

I get the general meaning of your post and I'm with you for the most part. The internet seems to foster by hook or by crook for a few individuals, but I think they always existed, they are just easier to spot now. I don't think that really applies to the loyalty program I think the reason Canon don't police the loyalty program at all is that it's much more than a loyalty program.

Those cameras you send back go to an electronics reclamation place. That probably allows Canon at some level to say they recycle X amount of their product and win some kudos from environmentalists, and perhaps meet quota for some regulation in some countries in which they operate. It's a win for Canon because they want the old electronics and a win for the customer.

If this was just about loyalty, they ought to be sticking a card in with every new camera saying something to the effect that "hey we value you as a customer so much so that in the future if this camera stops working outside of the warranty period get in touch with us, we have a special program for our loyal customers to buy at a discount". They don't do that though. I think this program meets many needs for Canon and its customers and it's name implies some qualifications that aren't really there.

Your later post about your wife's camera, well that's the perfect definition of what you see the CLP as. Meant for a customer whose camera died of old age and is ready for a new one from the same company.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

10,449 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Refurb Sale shortly
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.