Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 29 Aug 2013 (Thursday) 00:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Induro GHBA - any thoughts before I buy one?

Richard ­ N
125 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Aug 29, 2013 00:46 |  #1

Well I scored a fantastic eBay deal on an Induro CT314 with both the long and short center column, and now I need a mount for it.

I'd really like to have a gimbal for birding and wildlife, but I also really enjoy macro. So I've been looking at a 3 series BHL or BHD ballhead and a GHBA gimbal. I figure this will give me the best of both worlds without the added cost of a dedicated gimbal.

I've read a few reviews that speak quite favorably of the GHBA but when you find referral links in the review, you need to be a little skeptical of its accuracy I think.

So I'm hoping someone here will have some experience with either of the ballheads and or the gimbal attachment. At this time I'm leaning towards the lower cost BHD head if it makes a difference.

For the near future I'd be using the mount to hold a gripped 7D with a 70-200 + 2x teleconverter. I'm looking at a longer lens sometime soon, maybe an EF 400 or if possible the new Sigma (or ever the older OS), 120-300 S.

Thanks for any help.
Richard

flickr (external link) - (Coming Soon)
My Gear List
Marketplace Feedback

sponsored links
S_Egbert
224 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 29, 2013 19:07 |  #2

I have the Induro GHBA that I use with an Arca Z-1 ballhead and a gripped 7D and 100-400, sometimes with a 1.4 attached. I am very happy with this rig. If I had a 500 or 600 and was shooting a lot of wildlife, I think I would want to go to a full gimbal head.
A pro wildlife photographer I know uses the Induro GHB2 full gimbal and is very happy with it.

Steve

Richard ­ N
THREAD ­ STARTER
125 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Aug 29, 2013 23:14 |  #3

That's good news. I was a little surprised to find so little info here on the Induro, their tripods are very well regarded. I guess most just opt for a dedicated gimbal.

I think I'm going to go ahead an place an order. I can try it out for a while and flip it if I'm not happy and get a full gimbal. I'm not crazy about having to switch out heads all the time but I guess it doesn't take that much effort.

Thanks Steve.

My Gear List
Marketplace Feedback

Richard ­ N
THREAD ­ STARTER
125 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Aug 31, 2013 12:59 |  #4

Ugggh... I just spotted my typo in the title.

My Gear List
Marketplace Feedback

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,840 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011

Aug 31, 2013 15:28 |  #5

Richard,

I think the best way to get a mod to correct the typo is to "report the thread", including a request that a mod fix the title. I believe that is how Jon, the moderator, suggested would work the best. PMs to a mod are less effective but if a thread is reported (along with the request) any mod who is working will be able to help you.

I think the only way to do this is to hit the little triangle in the box where your name is.

If I am in error, hopefully a mod will correct me and suggest a better way to accomplish title changes.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

Richard ­ N
THREAD ­ STARTER
125 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Sep 01, 2013 11:40 |  #6

Thanks for the tip Kim. I recall reading that in the Forum Talk section now that you mention it.

My Gear List
Marketplace Feedback

farmer1957
901 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Sep 13, 2013 21:01 as a reply to  @ Richard N's post |  #7

I have the 8 mm 413 Induro tripod with a Induro gimble.
I like mine better then anything else I have seen.
farmer

sponsored links

1,422 views & 0 likes for this thread
Induro GHBA - any thoughts before I buy one?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.