Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 04 Sep 2013 (Wednesday) 13:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

LR + PS $10 a month subscription

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 10, 2013 14:46 |  #46

My bet is the $10 fee will remain until the next major version update. Then it would seem they can reboot the subscription because it's no longer the same product. Pretty sad when nobody can really trust what was once one of the most loved companies on the planet.

sponsored links
Merlin_AZ
869 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 10, 2013 16:29 |  #47

Technically, there can't be a next version update with a subscription, since things will be added when they're done.
I guess time will tell...

Chris
Goldmember
4,123 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 17, 2013 08:22 |  #48

I just got off the phone with Adobe. Their website says that the new subscription plan is available Sept. 17th, but as of right now, there is no ability to make that purchase.

I was on the phone for 15 minutes with the rep and he went to a supervisor, and they couldn't give me and answer as to why it isn't showing up as a purchase option.

He did say that there will be an announcement on the website as soon as it is available.

Chris

70D | 24-70 2.8 | 400 5.6 | 580 EXII | 2X Yongnuo 622C |

Chris
Goldmember
4,123 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 17, 2013 08:32 |  #49

Here is the pricing.

What is the Adobe Photoshop Photography Program offer:

This offer includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available; 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration; and Behance ProSite for your own fully customizable professional portfolio. That means you get all the benefits of a Creative Cloud single-app membership for Photoshop CC, but with Lightroom 5 included as well, for a terrific monthly price (all prices are exclusive of VAT/local taxes):

North America $9.99 USD
European Union €9.99 EUR
EMEA non-EU $9.99 USD
Australia/New Zealand $9.99 AUD
Asia Pacific $9.99 USD
Japan ¥1,000 JPY
United Kingdom £7.14 GBP

This offer is available to customers who own a previous commercial version of Photoshop or Photoshop Extended, version CS3 or later (CS3.x, CS4, CS5.x, or CS6). Suites and volume licenses do not qualify. Requires an annual commitment with monthly billing. Available for purchase from September 17, 2013, through December 31, 2013 from Adobe.com only

Customers who sign up by December 31, 2013 will be able to continue their membership. This price is not a special introductory price for your first year only; it is the standard price for this level of membership. But if you cancel your membership in the future, you will not be able to re-join at this special price.

From this wording, I guess they can raise the price of the photography program when they raise pricing for the other CC offerings, or for just about any other reason. I'm still going to sign up and cross my fingers that the pricing stays consistent for a long time.

Chris

Chris
Goldmember
4,123 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 17, 2013 15:16 |  #50

So here is the verbage for the new program. They're only guaranteeing 1 year at the 9.99 price.

Annual plan — US $9.99 per month, plus applicable tax

with a one year contract

Payment

Each month during your one year term, we'll bill your credit card US $9.99 plus applicable tax. As soon as you've successfully completed this sign-up process and your payment is confirmed, your membership will begin.

Renewal

The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically, at the then-current price of the offering, unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.

Cancellation

We'd hate to see you go, but if you cancel within the first 30 days, we'll give you a full refund. Otherwise, you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation. If you ever need to cancel, just call Customer Support.

Chris

GeoffSobering
740 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Sep 17, 2013 15:25 as a reply to  @ Chris's post |  #51

Just FYI, the photography bundle is now available on the CC page:
http://www.adobe.com …vecloud/buying-guide.html (external link)

http://moving-target-photos.com/ (external link) - My Stuff

Silverstonev8
732 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 17, 2013 17:45 |  #52

My cs5 student serial number is not valid for this offer. :(

Chris -- Gear List

madflea
108 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 17, 2013 18:21 as a reply to  @ Silverstonev8's post |  #53

It seems like it won't let me downgrade either from the CC. But I'm too afraid to cancel my CC membership and then not be able to sign up again at the $30 intro offer.
As nice as this offer sounds, it unfortunately seems to be targeted only at a very selective group of people.

gedgar
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Sep 17, 2013 20:28 as a reply to  @ madflea's post |  #54

My CS5 student serial number would not come up on the web page so I called in to sales about 10 minutes ago and the rep put it through for me. I have a non-student version of lightroom 4 Got confirmation and am installing cloud as we speak. Verbiage they give on phone orders is that the price could change in 12 months, at the renewal. So there is some risk but this is just 30 bucks more than an upgrade from 4 to 5...so well worth the risk

Chris
Goldmember
4,123 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 18, 2013 11:33 |  #55

madflea wrote in post #16304927 (external link)
It seems like it won't let me downgrade either from the CC. But I'm too afraid to cancel my CC membership and then not be able to sign up again at the $30 intro offer.
As nice as this offer sounds, it unfortunately seems to be targeted only at a very selective group of people.

Talk to an inside sales rep at Adobe, and you can get a straight answer.

Chris

Celtic ­ Tiger
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 18, 2013 17:40 as a reply to  @ Chris's post |  #56

I downloaded last night. Took a while. I was using CS4 and Bridge. The Lightroom addition swung the deal for me.

This is easy enough to check I suppose; but I'm not at the computer on which I have downloaded it. Is it possible to open a file edited in CC on CS4? If so, if they jack the price up at the end of 12 mos, I'll just go back to CS4.

flickr (external link)

Scooby_Doo
157 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 19, 2013 01:28 |  #57

Merlin_AZ wrote in post #16285888 (external link)
Technically, there can't be a next version update with a subscription, since things will be added when they're done.
I guess time will tell...

It still can have versions, it'll need to know what version it currently is so it can update to a newer one if needed... anyways doesn't matter in 12 months they can jack the price up.

sponsored links

5,380 views & 0 likes for this thread
LR + PS $10 a month subscription
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.