Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 04 Sep 2013 (Wednesday) 15:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Do ya want PS CC

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 07, 2013 08:26 |  #31

I did not say there was anything wrong with Adobe doing it. I gave my opinion on the question why should loyal customers get a better deal. I just disagreed with what was stated, thats all. I guess since I do not agree with you I must be wrong! I am so sorry to disappoint you sir.

My FLickrPage (external link)

sponsored links
Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Sep 07, 2013 08:39 |  #32
bannedPermanent ban

alann wrote in post #16275821 (external link)
I did not say there was anything wrong with Adobe doing it. I gave my opinion on the question why should loyal customers get a better deal. I just disagreed with what was stated, thats all. I guess since I do not agree with you I must be wrong! I am so sorry to disappoint you sir.

I said you were wrong where you said Ford does not give special deals to certain customers. They do...just like Honda does for me.

You didn't disappoint me. I just wanted to point out customer loyalty happens in all industries, and frankly I'm glad it's happening with Adobe as I spent enough money through the years on their products and am glad I am getting some appreciation for that fact.

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,245 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Sep 07, 2013 16:47 |  #33

Hogloff wrote in post #16275744 (external link)
Well those other people already paid by purchasing PS and most likely upgrading a few times. Why should you get the same deal as some more loyal customers.

For the reasons mentioned in my previous post. https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=16272567&po​stcount=22

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Sep 07, 2013 17:03 |  #34
bannedPermanent ban

Dan Marchant wrote in post #16276881 (external link)
For the reasons mentioned in my previous post. https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=16272567&po​stcount=22

Unfortunately, the people who have loyally invested over the years in the Adobe products probably have the exact opposite view from you...that they should get a break compared to this new guy waltzing in at the last minute looking for a deal. And I would totally agree with the long term supporters.

Now, would you give a client a better deal if he was a repeat client for the last 10 years and has brought you say $100,000 in revenue over those 10 years compared to a brand new never seen before client? I know where my loyalty would be.

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 07, 2013 17:12 |  #35

I am retired but, when I was working as an Optician my prices were set. My service was worth a set amount (determined by the market) If I were to give all of my loyal patients a discount I would have been out of business. The ONLY purpose of a business is to make money and that is what Adobe is doing. If anyone feels that the price is not fair they should just not buy into it.

My FLickrPage (external link)

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,729 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 08, 2013 17:53 |  #36

Dan Marchant wrote in post #16272567 (external link)
What I don't agree with is the view that paying an extra $120 (more than your competitor across town) is a good business move. Worse still it isn't actually $120, because he is getting PS & LR. So to compare you would actually have to pay $120 + the cost of LR more than your competitor to get the same thing. That to me is something a business should be concerned about.

Conclusion
Renting software = good business
Paying more than competitor for less = bad business.

I should mention I don't use LR so that's irrelevant. Obviously, I would rather not pay an extra $120 if I didn't have to. $120 is still $120. But in the grand scheme of things, I'm not going to worry too much about an extra $120 a year. I realize that perhaps isn't the best attitude to have but it is what it is.

MikeV99
251 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 08, 2013 20:35 |  #37

I have CS6 & LR5. If I subscribe for a year I will spend $120 and will probably use a small subset of all the new & neat features. If Adobe raises their prices and I stop my subscription all I will left with is CS6 & LR5. Or I can spend $80 after 18 months and buy the LR6 upgrade. I just have a difficult time with the concept of an open ended software rental.

-- Mike -- The older the boy, the bigger and costlier the toys!

:) My Gear List :)

STIC
Goldmember
1,627 posts
Gallery: 360 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2012

Sep 08, 2013 21:04 as a reply to  @ MikeV99's post |  #38
bannedPermanent ban

I still use CS3, can't see any reason to pay any more...

7D MarkII l 50 1.8 STM l15-85 IS USM l 100-400 IS L l 2x converter l 580EX II l Wireless remote l A computer l Some software l A vehicle to get me around...;)

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,531 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 08, 2013 22:31 |  #39

MikeV99 wrote in post #16280062 (external link)
I have CS6 & LR5. If I subscribe for a year I will spend $120 and will probably use a small subset of all the new & neat features. If Adobe raises their prices and I stop my subscription all I will left with is CS6 & LR5. Or I can spend $80 after 18 months and buy the LR6 upgrade. I just have a difficult time with the concept of an open ended software rental.

I'm in the same boat.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

sponsored links

4,169 views & 0 likes for this thread
Do ya want PS CC
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.