Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 14 Sep 2013 (Saturday) 11:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Backpack - Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR vs. Kata Bumblebee DL-210

Angela-Benita
56 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 14, 2013 11:07 |  #1

I'm looking for a new backpack. I used to use a camera back but since I upgraded my lens for the 70-200mm 4.0 to the 2.8 my camera doesn't fit in there when the lens is attached. I'm sure that there are better backpacks out there but I'm not really willing to pay more than $100.

Those are the two backpacks I really like since they have enough space for my camera, lenses, Laptop and my other little things I always carry with me.

Is anybody using one of those two or heads +/- things about it?

I like how the case logic one can stand on it's own and has a waterproof bottom. The camera goes into the top part. I like the look of the Kata better but the camera is in the bottom part of the backpack and I'm scared I'd break it when I set it on the floor.

Here are you tube videos for both. Would love to hear your opinion.

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=WU_EmKPF2FM (external link)

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=oR5hM98rKrg (external link)

sponsored links
Angela-Benita
THREAD ­ STARTER
56 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 27, 2013 09:32 |  #2

Anybody?

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 27, 2013 10:00 |  #3

I've never used either of the models you posted. However, I have owned Kata backpacks. While Kata makes a great product, I preferred my Lowepro bags. I found Kata to be too heavy and bulky for my needs. Lowepro bag designs fit just as much stuff, without the unnecessary bulk. Not sure if this helps you, but it's all I have. Good luck.

Alex
Gear List
Feedback
Photography (external link)

Steensgaard
45 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Sep 29, 2013 15:38 |  #4

This guy is pretty happy with the case logic: http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=DHt12BmewPU (external link)

5d mk2/450d both gripped
24-70L, 70-200 f4L, 85 f1.8, 50 f1.8, Sigma 35 f1.4, 55-250 IS, 18-55 IS
Yongnuo YN-565EX, YN-560 II, YN-460 II and Cactus V5 triggers

RHChan84
Goldmember
2,320 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 29, 2013 20:02 |  #5

I had a Kata once and I loved it. It was just a bit too small for my needs but it was a great backpack. I used it to travel around Europe for 3 weeks. Was comfortable and since it was small, I was limited to what I can bring which made it light. But I got rid of it because I wanted something bigger. I had the Bug-205 not the 210. I was considering the 210 but I ended up with a Tamrac since it was on sale and I was able to get it much cheaper.

Canon (60D Gripped | 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS | 40mm f2.8 | 50mm f1.8 | 70-200 F4L IS| 430 EXII)
Tamron (17-50 f2.8 VC)
Feedback
Facebook (external link)

flickr (external link)

jadedpony
73 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 30, 2013 09:57 as a reply to  @ RHChan84's post |  #6

I considered the 210 when I was looking for a pack. It was a little smaller than the MiniBee 111 that I went for but of a similar design. According to the 210's write-up, it does not fit a 70-200 2.8 attached.

2-3 lenses (up to a 70-200 F/2.8 not attached)

The 210 does look more flimsy than my 111 which has hard plastic sewn in between the material at the bottom. I don't find the camera's location ideal at the bottom so I turn my 60D's LCD to face inward when I store it.

From the two you posted I'd say the Case Logic seems to fit your use case better but it doesn't look to have much room for non-photography related equipment like the 210 and 111 have in their top compartments. I might also consider the MiniBee 110 for you but it is out of your price range and like the Case Logic, doesn't have much general storage space.

Here is my review of the MiniBee 111 for your reference.

60D | 10-22 | 15-85 | 70-300 | 50 1.4 | 100 2.8 | 430EX II | 055XPROB | 322RC2 | MiniBee-111 UL | Archos 70 250GB | OP/TECH Sling Strap
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,277 views & 0 likes for this thread
Backpack - Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR vs. Kata Bumblebee DL-210
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.