Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 26 Sep 2013 (Thursday) 08:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Comments please...

Jiggo0109
376 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 26, 2013 08:54 |  #1

Hi... I'm a newbie in this site... I joined the group because I know I can learn from you guys... I will try to post a picture for you guys to evaluate and, hopefully, comment on areas to improve... I do subject extractions for changing the background of portraits... Hoping for the best in this site... Thanks in advance..
Attached Images

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 26, 2013 09:36 |  #2

Here are my thoughts:

Left Photo - I'd give a little more head room. It's a little tight at the top. It looks a little too cut and paste. I think it could use a second light as a rim light to separate her from the background. Her hair is getting lost in her shirt and her shoes are lost in the black background. The exposure of the key light is good and the pose works.

Right Photo - It's a little small so it's hard to see the details. Again, I think this one can use a rim light also. I don't like the choice of background, but that's just a personal preference. Other than that, I think it looks pretty good. Is this a yearbook photo?

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographer (external link)

Jiggo0109
THREAD ­ STARTER
376 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 26, 2013 10:12 |  #3

Its a yearbook photo... I really appreciate your comments and suggestions... I'm just having trouble on how to upload photos at bigger sizes(problem with the limits of uploading attachments)... But i'm pretty confident I can overcome the problem, easier if with your advices of course.... I tried to change the other photo for experiment... My wife and kid walking at seashore at 5 in the morning... canon 500d with 70-300 is usm non L lens attached... Maybe you can comment on it too.. By the way, I checked your website and I liked your portfolio... Great shots! Thanks

genesimmons
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Sep 26, 2013 10:21 |  #4

start a flickr account then u can upload full size images there and then use the code share from flikr to upload on here and we can see full size quality images,took me awile to figure out but i got it and im new here

OLYMPUS EM1 M2. 12-100 F4 PRO.75mm f1.8,fisheye f1.8 pro. SONY A7 various manual lenses. FUJI X100
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/100085318@N08/ (external link)

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 26, 2013 10:40 |  #5

Thanks Jiggo!

For the new photo you uploaded, it's definitely too small to give you all my thoughts, but from what I see, here they are:

You cut off the reflection of your wife and kid. If you would have framed them a little higher, the reflection would make it pretty nice. There is a green thing on the floor on the left of the photo. Not sure what it is but I would clone it out. There is also a big circular highlight (a flare?) in the middle of the photo. I would fix that too if possible. The processing is a little dull so it makes it look very much like a snapshot with a phone.

Hope that helps!

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographer (external link)

Jiggo0109
THREAD ­ STARTER
376 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 26, 2013 18:21 |  #6

Thanks Hiep...

I didn't knew or noticed the reflection actually until you have told me... That was a great comment you gave me... with the big circular, Its a flare... I took the shot from the 2nd floor and the sun was already shining on me this time... the area of the photo was only shadowed by a mountain at the right side...

Thanks again

Jiggo0109
THREAD ­ STARTER
376 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 26, 2013 18:26 |  #7

genesimmons wrote in post #16326845 (external link)
start a flickr account then u can upload full size images there and then use the code share from flikr to upload on here and we can see full size quality images,took me awile to figure out but i got it and im new here

Thank you genesimmons... Exploring the features..

sponsored links

656 views & 0 likes for this thread
Comments please...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.