Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 29 Sep 2013 (Sunday) 08:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Where do you purchase your lenses from?

masberg24
Goldmember
1,322 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Nov 30, 2013 09:28 |  #136

Greentoe/Adorama! The boxes they come in are in perfect shape everytime!

sponsored links
Limbwalker
539 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2013

Nov 30, 2013 10:32 |  #137

KEH and B&H. Never had a single issue with either.

Shoot first and ask questions later.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,503 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 30, 2013 10:58 |  #138

masberg24 wrote in post #16490208 (external link)
Greentoe/Adorama! The boxes they come in are in perfect shape everytime!

:D:D:D

notastockpikr
417 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Nov 30, 2013 18:36 |  #139

I buy all my accessories from B&H because of their shipping costs to Canada. Sorry Adorama but, your Canadian shipping costs are too expensive. B&H uses Purolator and shipping starts at $9. Adorama uses Fedex and the shipping is $20+.

All my lenses and cameras are bought from Aden Camera in Toronto. Aden's prices beat B&H and Adorama everytime. Aden's Black Friday price for the Canon 200-400 is $10,885.00 cdn. Aden is not selling grey market and Aden is an Authorized Canadian Canon dealer.

jjaenagle
Goldmember
1,506 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 30, 2013 22:31 |  #140
bannedPermanent ban

Amazon, potn, bhphoto, and adorama are all I've used so far

Instagram (external link)Website (external link)
GEAR & FEEDBACK

HelenOster
That's me!
4,503 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 30, 2013 22:50 |  #141

notastockpikr wrote in post #16491229 (external link)
I buy all my accessories from B&H because of their shipping costs to Canada. Sorry Adorama but, your Canadian shipping costs are too expensive. B&H uses Purolator and shipping starts at $9. Adorama uses Fedex and the shipping is $20+.

All my lenses and cameras are bought from Aden Camera in Toronto. Aden's prices beat B&H and Adorama everytime. Aden's Black Friday price for the Canon 200-400 is $10,885.00 cdn. Aden is not selling grey market and Aden is an Authorized Canadian Canon dealer.

You've not visited us for a while........we also have a low-cost shipping option to Canada, AND , we always make every effort to price match to any reputable retailer, cost of goods as well as shipping (or go lower if possible); you only need drop me an email!

notastockpikr
417 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Nov 30, 2013 23:56 |  #142

HelenOster wrote in post #16491739 (external link)
You've not visited us for a while........we also have a low-cost shipping option to Canada, AND , we always make every effort to price match to any reputable retailer, cost of goods as well as shipping (or go lower if possible); you only need drop me an email!

In fact, I was at your website recently and nothing regarding shipping to Canada has changed. I priced the Gitzo 5541 monopod on Adorama and the shipping was $25. The shipping to the exact same location for the same item from B&H was $10. The B&H shipping was 3-6 business days and the ship time was not indicated on the Adorama website.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to purchase from Adorama but given the shipping charges, my business will continue to go to B&H. In all fairness, Adorama has improved but paying 150% more for shipping doesn't make sense.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,503 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 01, 2013 00:00 |  #143

notastockpikr wrote in post #16491842 (external link)
In fact, I was at your website recently and nothing regarding shipping to Canada has changed. I priced the Gitzo 5541 monopod on Adorama and the shipping was $25. The shipping to the exact same location for the same item from B&H was $10. The B&H shipping was 3-6 business days and the ship time was not indicated on the Adorama website.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to purchase from Adorama but given the shipping charges, my business will continue to go to B&H. In all fairness, Adorama has improved but paying 150% more for shipping doesn't make sense.

I need to do some more work on this..... And the next couple of days will most likely be a bit crazy! But I will definitely get to the bottom of it!

henryp
419 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 03, 2013 13:01 |  #144

hotled wrote in post #16487373 (external link)
Just wanted to thank B&H for the quick sipping of my lens, and then today a nice surprise showed up in my email giving me a Rewards Card for 49.96 so I went ahead and placed an order for a Canon 200EG Deluxe Backpack (which is basically a freebie with my card) for knocking around town in.

Thank you. We're very glad you're so satisfied.

Henry Posner (external link)
B&H Photo-Video (external link)

henryp
419 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 03, 2013 13:09 |  #145

koala yummies wrote in post #16488985 (external link)
Since there is a B&H rep checking-in here (this thread only, first time I've ever seen one from B&H, whereas Hellen from Adorama is everywhere), I want to leave this one small suggestion with you: Take a few extra seconds packaging your products before shipping them, and H-Tape the boxes. I hate to belittle my own people as well, but it wouldn't hurt to not be so incredibly cheap with the type of tape either.

I've been a member her since 2004. I am sorry you never noticed. I've been online for B&H for 19 years from CompuServe, AOL & Prodigy through Usenet newsgroups to forums like this (and the 100+ others in my bookmarks) to Facebook, Twitter, and so on.

I am sorry the package you illustrated your post with was so badly abused by the shipper after it left our hands. If this was recent I'd be grateful for an email from you (pointing back to this thread) with the B&H order number so i can share this with our warehouse and our shipping vendor who is obviously primarily responsible for the package's condition.

We ship 10,000 packages a day containing every sort of equipment. We know each package is important to that customer and we also know a damaged package costs us in both $$ and customer goodwill. We'd be suicidal if we were cavalier with the merchandise or the shipping.

Henry Posner (external link)
B&H Photo-Video (external link)

Meanderthal
532 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Dec 12, 2013 12:58 |  #146

I just bought the Canon 100-400mm from the Future Shop web store. The Canadian price is at the moment better, especially considering the exchange rate and shipping. My order went in before business hours on a Wednesday, and the package was delivered to my somewhat remote country address the next day at 11:00 am. The usually sluggish Canada Post must have been supercharged for the holiday shopping. A physical Future Shop is handy for me and the 14 day no-questions return policy has given me adequate time to test the lens's performance and re-think the value of my investment with a clear head. I am pleased to report that the lens, and this copy, are keepers - and that my fingers are sore from getting nearly frozen during the diligent and enjoyable testing.

I do continue to favor B&H, Adorama and the Canadian resellers mentioned in my post #102 above. I post this "sacrilegious" report with heavy heart for the sake of full disclosure, and to demonstrate that competition is still thriving here in Canada :).

http://spitzhaven.zenf​olio.com/ (external link)Photo gallery (external link)

facedodge
Goldmember
1,192 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Dec 12, 2013 13:01 |  #147

I used to purchase my lens from a brick and mortar store, Penn Camera. It was bought by Calumet and closed most of their locations. It recently closed my local Rockville location. I now shop at B&H mostly.

I've also used POTN buy and sell, Amazon, and Ebay.

Gear List | Feedback | facebook (external link) | [URL="http://www.flick​r.com/photos/wmcy2/"]flickr (external link)

Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,840 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 12, 2013 14:33 |  #148

In the past i was buying my lenses from B&H, before that i bought very few from local dealers, but Canon authorised dealer in my country is very very expensive, so that i used online.

One friend told me about those 3rd party shops, and i bought my 70-200 mk2 and 1DX from one of them at much cheaper prices than the dealer, and no issue, even cheaper than B&H, so i forget about using B&H anymore unless i can't find a lens from those 3rd party stores.

And this year about 2 months ago i started to use ebay and addicted to it, the prices are very nice and similar or same as those 3rd party stores i use, more or less in price, but i will choose those local stores due to i can get them immediately when i call and i just go to buy, also i can see the box and the lens to be sure.

Tomorrow i will go there to one of those stores to buy 1 lens, and i will take a paper with different gear list to check out about the prices and compare it with B&H and Ebay, definitely the prices are lower than B&H but ebay maybe some yes and some ebay is slightly cheaper, tomorrow will find out.

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/ (external link)
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

renagade69
37 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 12, 2013 14:55 |  #149

I used to purchase my camera and lenses from B & H but the last two came from Greentoe's vendor. I even asked B & H to match the price and they can not. I just placed a bid on a 70-200 f2.8 version 2. Thanks Greentoe .

------------
Canon 1DX
Canon -
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM , EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM,EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

kipliq
752 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 12, 2013 15:02 |  #150

B&H, Adorama and Amazon.

"Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it has the longest line." - Ric Flair

sponsored links

18,732 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where do you purchase your lenses from?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.