Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 29 Sep 2013 (Sunday) 08:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Where do you purchase your lenses from?

cerett
821 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Dec 13, 2013 08:12 |  #151

There is only one place I would purchase a lens from > B&H. Fast, reliable, honest. In 17+ years I have never had a problem with them. If you are ever in NYC, visit the store. It is a amazing. A little attitude from some of the staff, but worth the experience.

https://www.martinfeld​manphotography.com (external link)

sponsored links
Aki78
963 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 13, 2013 08:16 |  #152

cerett wrote in post #16524012 (external link)
A little attitude from some of the staff, but worth the experience.

Ha! I bet it's nothing like going to a Genius Bar at Apple who they think are Gods with PhD in coffee brewing.

I love B&H.

Scud49
203 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 13, 2013 08:46 |  #153

Norman Camera in Michigan- they are very prompt, very helpful, and ship anything I order right away.

Canon 5DS-R
Canon 24-70MM II
Canon 180MM f/3.5 Macro
Canon 100-400MM IS II
Canon 500MM f/4 IS II

cerett
821 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Dec 13, 2013 08:52 |  #154

Aki78 wrote in post #16524016 (external link)
Ha! I bet it's nothing like going to a Genius Bar at Apple who they think are Gods with PhD in coffee brewing.

I love B&H.

Cute - While at B&H, I asked why a particular ball head was not on display. The salesman told me (with considerable attitude) that for an item to be displayed in their store, the manufacturer has to pay a price. I did not pursue the issue . . .

hotled
THREAD ­ STARTER
423 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Dec 21, 2013 08:30 as a reply to  @ cerett's post |  #155

So far B&H has been good but upon further review as an online store, I find the website to be closed to online ordering quite a bit, it's rather frustrating at times.

Ken
Canon 7D | ∑ 17-50 f/2.8 | Canon EF 50 1.8 | Σ 70-200 2.8 EX DG OS HSM| YN-568EX II | YN-622
My Fickr (external link)

NCSA197
Goldmember
1,358 posts
Gallery: 131 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2011

Dec 21, 2013 09:32 |  #156

hotled wrote in post #16544512 (external link)
So far B&H has been good but upon further review as an online store, I find the website to be closed to online ordering quite a bit, it's rather frustrating at times.

I have had great service from B & H, both price and shipping. And for some reason, the fact that they don't accept orders as they observe their faith is appealing to me. It just requires working around their schedule. For me, it works.

Flickr (external link)

cerett
821 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Dec 21, 2013 17:44 |  #157

hotled wrote in post #16544512 (external link)

B&H is owned and operated by Orthodox Jews. They will close for the Sabbath and any Jewish holidays. I admire them for also including their website sales.

2Live4
671 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Dec 21, 2013 17:49 |  #158
bannedPermanent ban

Amazon and Adorama for me. Never had any issues with them.

~Khánh - an amateur bOkeh-OLic
5D III & Some L's
Feedback | flickr (external link)

sponsored links

18,725 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where do you purchase your lenses from?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.