Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 29 Sep 2013 (Sunday) 11:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Best Buy L Lens Sale

Asterisk
890 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 29, 2013 11:02 |  #1

Looks pretty good, most L lenses are discounted and back to pre-increase levels. You need to push all the way to the checkout page to see the discounted prices which is a bit annoying.

Source: http://www.canonpricew​atch.com …-70-ii-for-1999-and-more/ (external link)

24-70 II $1999
100L Macro $849

I notified Amazon and am waiting for them price match. Please help notify Amazon as well.

sponsored links
mb167204
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 29, 2013 11:36 |  #2

Called amazon. They said they don't price match but if price drops within 30 days they would refund the purchase difference. I guess we will just have to wait.

Asterisk
THREAD ­ STARTER
890 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 29, 2013 11:46 |  #3

There is an update on cpw:

"UPDATE: It looks like Canon just started a mail-in rebate for this time period, and Best Buy may have accidentally applied the prices as if it were an instant rebate. So this is a price mistake that might be fixed shortly. This might be an opportunity to see if you can double-dip the rebate — buy at the lower price and still get the rebate."

revluke
438 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Sep 29, 2013 14:39 |  #4

18 month financing as well? Might as well, been waiting for a deal, especially if the double dip comes through.

5dIII | 70d | Rokinon 14 | 16-35 f4 IS | 40 2.8 | s50A | 70-200 2.8 IS II | 100 f2 | s120-300S | sigma 2x | 600EX-RT

DougVaughn
260 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 29, 2013 15:49 |  #5

I've been thinking about a 70-200 f/4L IS, and $1,149 less the rebate would be pretty good. However, tax would add $109, so if they refused to honor the rebate, the price would be too high. Feels like a risk since they surely make you cut up the box to get the rebate.

Doug Vaughn
http://www.dougvaughn.​com (external link)
5DMKIII, Olympus E-M1, and lens quantity and quality that exceeds my talent.

Asterisk
THREAD ­ STARTER
890 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 29, 2013 15:59 |  #6

DougVaughn wrote in post #16333831 (external link)
I've been thinking about a 70-200 f/4L IS, and $1,149 less the rebate would be pretty good. However, tax would add $109, so if they refused to honor the rebate, the price would be too high. Feels like a risk since they surely make you cut up the box to get the rebate.

I haven't decided if I want to try it or not.

My rationale is it's a different entity (Canon, well, actually their rebate processor) who decides whether or not to honor the rebate. I can't see why they'd care what price I paid to Best Buy for the lens in the first place. I read the fine print of the rebate form up and down and see no limitations where the purchase price must be full-price in order to get the rebate.

All I see is the requirement that it be an authorized dealer (which Best Buy is) and the limitation on number of submissions per household as well as the need to cut up the box.

If your tax is $107 it might not be worth it against a $200 rebate. But for the 24-70 II it's a $300 rebate...

rcarlton
594 posts
Gallery: 93 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Sep 29, 2013 18:01 |  #7

I pulled the trigger on the EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro USM. $750 after rebate plus tax is better than refurbished price and comparable to what they go for on the used market. Forgot to mention $20 reward points certificate.

Sony α7rii, α6500, Metabones IV, Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8, FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM, FE 50mm f/1.8, EF 70-200L II IS USM f2.8, EF 100mm 1:2.8L IS USM Macro

kosin
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 29, 2013 19:09 |  #8

State tax can be "lowered" if you use your Discover credit card, which gives 5% cash back on purchases made online using their rewards website...

Greg Gard
=> www.greggard.com (external link)
follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.​com/greggardphoto/ (external link)

ateet
271 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Sep 29, 2013 19:47 |  #9

You should be able to double dip with Canon $300 Mail in rebate at Bestbuy.com making it $1999 - $300 = $1699. Canon wants MAP, but I see no reason canon rejecting the rebate because retailer didn't advertise per MAP.

Discover will give you 5% CB making it $1599 and some BB rewards as well. Obviously tax for most if not all. Good luck. Can anybody confirm any issue with MIR at BB ?

Canon 5D Mk III | EF 24-70L II | EF 135L | EF 70-300L | EF 50mm f/1.8 | 580EX II

DougVaughn
260 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 29, 2013 20:34 |  #10

Not an issue now... I just worked out a trade for a 70-200 that's less than two months old. Good luck to all who try this deal. I have to continue saving for my new Olympus E-M1 on pre-order with Adorama.

Doug Vaughn
http://www.dougvaughn.​com (external link)
5DMKIII, Olympus E-M1, and lens quantity and quality that exceeds my talent.

sourcehill
483 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Sep 29, 2013 21:50 |  #11

I just pulled the trigger on a 100mm 2.8L macro. I can't imagine Canon refusing the rebate based on the price Best Buy charges. Do anything think there's a good chance they'll deny it?

I like gear and I have too much.
Check out my current work on Instagram @immichaelcarmen
redwoodandrye.com

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
16,343 posts
Gallery: 152 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Sep 29, 2013 21:51 |  #12

sourcehill wrote in post #16334514 (external link)
I just pulled the trigger on a 100mm 2.8L macro. I can't imagine Canon refusing the rebate based on the price Best Buy charges. Do anything think there's a good chance they'll deny it?

Hard to say - best of luck.

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

Kiwimochi
389 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 29, 2013 22:38 |  #13

none of the store in SoCal or NorCal has it. :(

DiploJohn
46 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 29, 2013 22:41 as a reply to  @ sapearl's post |  #14

Just ordered the 16-35L II. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rebate also goes through. Thanks for the great tip! I'll look forward to my new lens!

Judsonzhao
Goldmember
1,198 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Sep 29, 2013 23:01 |  #15

It reminds me of the initiations of 6D deals.
Bestbuy did the same thing, they ''accidentally'' put the rebated price as the base price and you still can rebate.. that deal lasted only several hours, but if you called BH or so, they did match the price.

I guess the double dip could be made, you just need to provide the upc and receipt with the form.

Fly me away.

sponsored links

6,210 views & 0 likes for this thread
Best Buy L Lens Sale
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.