Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 02 Oct 2013 (Wednesday) 20:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 6D Refurb at Adorama

jrscls
Goldmember
3,066 posts
Gallery: 148 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 02, 2013 20:54 |  #1

Adorama has a special price on refurbished Canon 6D body, priced at $1549 with free shipping.

http://www.adorama.com​/ICA6DR.html (external link)

Sony A7 III, Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, 70-180mm f/2.8, Samyang 35mm f/1.8, 75mm f/1.8, Flashpoint flashes

sponsored links
sbkanut
464 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Oct 03, 2013 17:16 |  #2

Ugh, I have not been watching the prices, but this seems very good. Any predictions on what prices will be like around Black Friday?

Facebook (external link)

Arutemu
Goldmember
2,970 posts
Gallery: 143 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 03, 2013 18:15 |  #3

Considering that you can get a gray market body brand new from BigValue or BuyDig for less than this, this price on a refurbished item does not strike me as particularly good.

住めば/external linkFlickrexternal link
GEAR / FEEDBACK

sbkanut
464 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Oct 03, 2013 18:16 |  #4

OK, thank you! I'll hold off for a bit longer. ;)

Facebook (external link)

jrscls
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,066 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 03, 2013 18:22 |  #5

I would much rather deal with Adorama than BigValue, nor would I want grey market. At BuyDig, a refurbished 6D is currently listed at $1699, which cost more than direct from Canon. Adorama's price is less than Canon's refurb price minus tax. Canon now warrants the refurbs for 1 yr., so all seems good to me.

Sony A7 III, Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, 70-180mm f/2.8, Samyang 35mm f/1.8, 75mm f/1.8, Flashpoint flashes

Dsick
71 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Oct 03, 2013 19:21 |  #6

Arutemu wrote in post #16344222 (external link)
Considering that you can get a gray market body brand new from BigValue or BuyDig for less than this, this price on a refurbished item does not strike me as particularly good.

Gray market don't have Wifi, no warranty, and sold by bigvalueinc...i would not do business with them.

A refurbished camera is basically a new camera with a few shutter count, mostly from people testing out the camera then returning it.

Arutemu
Goldmember
2,970 posts
Gallery: 143 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 04, 2013 02:55 |  #7

Dsick wrote in post #16344352 (external link)
Gray market don't have Wifi, no warranty

Is that the case with all the gray market 6D bodies? I have also read here on the forum, that some of the 'gray' bodies they got were US models with warranties.

住めば/external linkFlickrexternal link
GEAR / FEEDBACK

Dsick
71 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Oct 04, 2013 08:09 |  #8

Arutemu wrote in post #16345057 (external link)
Is that the case with all the gray market 6D bodies? I have also read here on the forum, that some of the 'gray' bodies they got were US models with warranties.

It's a hit and miss thing, I've never heard of gray market cameras come with warranty. What I've heard is that canon would still service some of the gray market items however. I have no problems with gray market items, canon make good cameras and it's highly unlikely that it'll break within the first year. What I have a problem is a lot of shady online retailers do the bait and switch method when you call to try and buy one. Check out digital monster they advertise a gray market 6d for 1200, call them and see what happens.

Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 04, 2013 08:17 |  #9

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com/find/HelpCenter/​USGrey.jsp (external link)

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

01erionracing
236 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Oct 04, 2013 08:46 |  #10

Dsick wrote in post #16344352 (external link)
Gray market don't have Wifi

Some do and some don't.

Canon 6D/70D
Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 - Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art - Canon 40mm F/2.8 - Canon 85mm F/1.8 - Canon 18-135mm STM kit lens - Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 OS - Canon 100-400mm L - Canon speedlite 430ex ii x3

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 04, 2013 09:18 |  #11

weird i just bought one from big value inc and it has wifi. and i must say the 6d is a pretty awesome little camera!

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographer (external link)
Travel the World and Photograph (external link)
Find me on Facebook (external link)

Dsick
71 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Oct 04, 2013 09:26 |  #12

bigcountry wrote in post #16345501 (external link)
weird i just bought one from big value inc and it has wifi. and i must say the 6d is a pretty awesome little camera!

how much did you pay for it? i hear so many horror stories about them that i dont know if want to risk it, but congrats that you got your though.

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,555 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 04, 2013 10:03 |  #13

I've bought lots of stuff from Big Value and have been very pleased with all of it. I don't know what horror stories you've heard, but I suspect many people "hear what they want to hear" when reading the BVI ads and expect full retail packaging when the ad says nothing about retail. For instance, their ads about the EOS M adapter and lenses say "What's in the box" and then list the contents. They never claim that it's a retail box, but buyers assume that and freak out when they get a white box. Read the full ad carefully and don't assume anything.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from BVI again.

Mark J.
Gear

jrscls
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,066 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 04, 2013 10:12 |  #14

I prefer to do my shopping with companies that are known for good customer service, such as Adorma, B&H, Amazon, etc., and I and avoid the lower tier. I'm sure there are many satisfied BigValue customers, but if you do a search on these forums, you will see they are not up the same standards as the ones I just listed.

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,555 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 04, 2013 10:31 |  #15

I agree they're not on the same level as Adorama/B&H/Amazon/etc​, but that doesn't make them "retards" or even an outfit to be avoided. During the sale on EOS M stuff some folks complained that they didn't get retail boxed adapters, even though the ad didn't state retail. But BVI sent partial refunds to anyone who complained even though the items they bought were new, but just parted out kits. So those folks got new adapters for pennies on the dollar. I'd call that pretty good customer service.

Again, complaints about customer service are often a problem with the customer and not the service. When I'm shopping for an item I always read all the bad reviews to see if there is a common theme which may indicate a design flaw in the item. You see this with Sigma lenses especially. Tons of people claiming to go through 2 or 3 returns before getting a sharp lens. That's a legitimate complaint. But when I read of someone shooting wide open with a 35mm f1.4 and they complain that much of the image is OOF, I know the problem is theirs and not with the lens.

BVI gets a lot of bad press from people who have never bought a thing from them. They get a lot of good press from folks who have bought from them. That's all I'm saying.

Mark J.
Gear

sponsored links

3,153 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 6D Refurb at Adorama
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.