Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 07 Oct 2013 (Monday) 07:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Website with a shopping cart

Happysnapperman
87 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Oct 07, 2013 07:16 |  #1

Hi

I have been banging my head against a brick wall for about 4 months now trying to work out the best solution for a website.

Here are the variables:

I am just starting out in selling my photos

I want a website that allows a consumer to go online, view my work, choose an image and choose a print size, checkout and be happy.

I have spoken to some programmers and they are quoting in the realms of $7000 to $15000 Australian!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure whether I would even sell a print to begin with and am torn as to which way to go. I just cant fathom what a $7000-$15000 website gives?

I dont want whizbang videos or moving graphics, just a site that displays my work and makes it available for purchase. I have researched and found quite a few all in one solutions for American photogs as in choose, buy and its printed and delivered to you, Here in Australia we dont seem to have an all in one solution...well I haven't found one yet.

I have telephoned other well know photogs in Australia and asked their advice and the most I get is "sign up to our $2000 photo course and all your questions will be answered" I DONT NEED TO LEARN HOW TO USE A CAMERA!!!!!! Can you just tell me who made your website!!!!!!

I dont want to goto smug hug etc as I want to website to be mine and not part of a family site.

I am looking at photocrati at the moment and have mixed emotions with its layout.

Ideas appreciated people.

sponsored links
drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 07, 2013 10:23 |  #2

Realize that Photocrati is just a package of themes for Wordpress. You can customize themes; do a little bit of searching on Child Themes.

I'd definitely recommend looking into Wordpress as the core for your site - it's free! All you would need to do is pay for your domain name and hosting.

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,353 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 07, 2013 14:07 |  #3

I agree with using Wordpress as a framework. Photocrati is a good solution, although I don't use them. I posted some info on this thread a few weeks ago on what I do: https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=16309813#po​st16309813

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

DT ­ Visual
113 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Oct 12, 2013 11:44 |  #4

I am using Wordpress and WP e-Commerce plug in. It does exactly what I want - to sell prints on my website. Have a look into this...
You can see it here: http://www.dtvisual.co​.uk/products-page/ (external link)

|DT Visual Photography  (external link) |Facebook | (external link)DT Visual on 500px | (external link)

lukevdp
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Oct 14, 2013 21:27 |  #5

Hi Happysnapperman,

The two Australian solutions are Photography Orders www.photographyorders.​com (external link) (my company) and photomerchant.com.au

There are also other programs that you can just get a shopping cart without fulfillment. PhotoCart by Pictures Pro is another.

Hope that helps and PM me if you need any help with your website

Cheers,

Luke

Easy and Stylish Photography Websites and Shopping Carts - Photography Orders (external link)

Allen ­ K
219 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 15, 2013 17:52 as a reply to  @ lukevdp's post |  #6

>>PhotoCart by Pictures Pro is another

+1 Love it for the commerce side.

Allen - Gear List

mguffin
Goldmember
2,627 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 15, 2013 20:04 |  #7

DT Visual wrote in post #16365388 (external link)
I am using Wordpress and WP e-Commerce plug in. It does exactly what I want - to sell prints on my website. Have a look into this...
You can see it here: http://www.dtvisual.co​.uk/products-page/ (external link)

Very nice site, and great integration with WP and shopping cart...

Mike
Nikon D800 ~ Nikon D500
Sigma 35 f/1.4 DG ~ Nikkor 50 f/1.8G ~ Nikkor 85 f/1.8G ~ Nikkor 12-24 f/4 DX ~ Nikkor 17-55 f/2.8 DX ~ Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VR ~ Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 DC ~ Sigma 50-100 f/1.8 DC

DT ­ Visual
113 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Oct 16, 2013 15:51 |  #8

mguffin wrote in post #16374133 (external link)
Very nice site, and great integration with WP and shopping cart...

Thank you Mike!

|DT Visual Photography  (external link) |Facebook | (external link)DT Visual on 500px | (external link)

sponsored links

1,148 views & 0 likes for this thread
Website with a shopping cart
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.