Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 09 Oct 2013 (Wednesday) 20:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama, same day shipping?

KeyserSoze1
525 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 09, 2013 20:37 |  #1

Is this true? I placed an orrder today for overnight shipping. The order was placed at around 1:55 pm EST. Their website states, they will ship items as long as its placed before 8 PM EST, if the item(s) are in stock. The items are order are in stock.

I checked the status and it says "packed", Does this mean the items did not leave today for shipping? I hope that's not the case because it's useless selecting overnight option (I paid $44.00) when the item doesn't leave their warehouse the same day.:cry:

Canon 5DM III, 35 1.4 II 50 1.2L
Canon 6D/// RX1

sponsored links
va_rider
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 09, 2013 20:39 |  #2

I order from Adorama almost exclusively, and have never been disappointed by their shipping... Next Day delivery means next day... at least it always had for me.... That's why I continue to pay for overnight shipping with them.

Canon 5dmkIII, Sigma 15mm f/2.8FE; 35mm f/1.4; Canon EF70-200 f/2.8L IS II; --- YN560 x 7
I'm not a professional photographer, and I don't want to be.
Flickr (external link)

KeyserSoze1
THREAD ­ STARTER
525 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 09, 2013 20:49 |  #3

va_rider wrote in post #16359442 (external link)
I order from Adorama almost exclusively, and have never been disappointed by their shipping... Next Day delivery means next day... at least it always had for me.... That's why I continue to pay for overnight shipping with them.

And this was my understanding as well. Normally they're pretty good with updating as soon as the order ships out, this time, no notification via email, nothing.

In my case, next day delivery may very well mean, 2 days. :o

I went with them instead of BH because of their guaranteed shipping if the order is placed before 8 PM. Sucks if they didn't come through this time. I really need these items by tomorrow. SMH.

Canon 6D/// RX1

mpix345
Goldmember
2,870 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 09, 2013 23:10 |  #4

Adorama's web site says this about shipping:

Orders for in-stock items placed on business days before 8:00 PM ET (Eastern Time) are generally shipped the same day

"Generally" is the key word there. I'd be calling them to place an order and getting a guarantee that it will ship same day if I needed it the next day. Otherwise you are at the mercy of this weasely language.

KeyserSoze1
THREAD ­ STARTER
525 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 10, 2013 00:01 as a reply to  @ mpix345's post |  #5

Well, they finally sent me a notification, 11:00 pm to be exact.

It says a label has been created and UPS has been notified for pick up etc:rolleyes:

I'm going to call this morning and cancel this $1800 order.

Canon 6D/// RX1

maverick75
Cream of the Crop
5,718 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2012

Oct 10, 2013 00:21 |  #6

KeyserSoze1 wrote in post #16359769 (external link)

It says a label has been created and UPS has been notified for pick up etc:rolleyes:

Don't jump the gun, last time I ordered from them it said the same thing(but it was actually shipped) UPS didn't update till the last day.(I chose standard shipping.)

- Alex Corona Sony A7, Canon 7DM2/EOS M, Mamiya 645/67
Flickr (external link) - 500px (external link) - Website (external link)- Feedback -Feedback

Rstanford
201 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 10, 2013 04:17 |  #7

Ups can't update the tracking info until they scan it at there facility, the brown truck does not go there and make pickups like it does at an office building I an sure adorama loads a few semitrailers everyday to send out. Although next day air maybe handled differently.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,560 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 10, 2013 05:07 |  #8

I don't understand the problem? We ship over 5,000 items every day..............We have 5 shipping doors, 3 of which always have a UPS trailer in them at all times. As each trailer is filled we call UPS to send a driver to come and swap for an empty one. That trailer gets taken to a UPS hub immediately (of which there are several) and the trailer sits in their yard until they run the sort and scan at night.

So it is highly likely that you would not receive a shipping notification until after the 8:00 pm cut-off and after the final truck has left, and after your package, (along with its 4,999 brothers and sisters) have been scanned by UPS. ;)

Unless something out of the ordinary happens, (eg hurricanes, floods etc), all orders for new, in-stock items being sent UPS ship leave our Distribution Center the same day they are ordered, provided the order processes through our system before 8:00 pm ET

We can certainly request a recall of your order, but you will be charged a return shipping and processing fee by UPS. If you would like to email me: Helen@adorama.com (external link) with your order number I can do that for you right away.

Samgoit
826 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 10, 2013 06:36 |  #9

Make sure you do it while holding your breath and stomping your feet.

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 10, 2013 06:55 |  #10

Shipping companies like UPS and Fedex have very slick logistics. And they are in business to be efficient and make money.

Just because your notification didn't come until 11 pm really doesn't mean much, except that is when it was sorted and tagged at an UPS hub.

Report back and let us know if you got it next day as planned.

We have a fedex and ups hub here in louisville and with fedex you can drop overnights off up til 11 pm. and they will arrive on time next day. Pretty wild huh.

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographer (external link)
Travel the World and Photograph (external link)
Find me on Facebook (external link)

BufordFZ1
622 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 10, 2013 08:41 |  #11

Samgoit wrote in post #16360079 (external link)

Now that's funny...

:cry::cry::cry:

:lol:

A2, 60D, 5DII
Canon EF 17-40mm L
EF 100mm L
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L
Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM,Canon 50 1.4, 430 EXII,580 EXII

jskaggs72
237 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Oct 10, 2013 08:59 |  #12

I usually have good results with them I'm surprised

Jay Skaggs
5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 50mm 1.2, 85 mm 1.2, 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8 ...
Virginia Beach Wedding Photographer (external link), Hampton Roads Wedding Photographer (external link)
Facebook (external link)

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 10, 2013 09:28 |  #13

Samgoit wrote in post #16360079 (external link)

I love it! What a great sense of humor. :lol:

Bryan

My Gear List

John
Goldmember
1,405 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 10, 2013 14:17 |  #14

Sucks but I don't see any fault in Adorama for this.

You may need to check which overnight shipping you used and if there are any disclaimers by UPS. I think next day air AM delivery is the fastest.

http://www.ups.com …/service/next_d​ay_am.html (external link)

john | gear | web hosting deal for POTN members!

KeyserSoze1
THREAD ­ STARTER
525 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 10, 2013 15:39 |  #15

maverick75 wrote in post #16359802 (external link)
Don't jump the gun, last time I ordered from them it said the same thing(but it was actually shipped) UPS didn't update till the last day.(I chose standard shipping.)

Well. It turns out this guy along with many of you are right.

My sincerest apology to Helen and Adorama.

The tracking # was indeed updated this morning and I did receive the package by noon.

I guess, I was just confused when the status states "Packed" I was wrong to assume that the package never left the warehouse in the first place.

Bottom line, I reacted like a child throwing a tantrum because his birthday presents may not arrive on time:lol:

Thanks again Helen for your time and clearing this up, may this serve as an example to many members in the forum.

Best,

Canon 6D/// RX1

sponsored links

5,326 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama, same day shipping?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.