Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 16 Oct 2013 (Wednesday) 01:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony's full-frame Alpha 7 and 7R

The ­ Dark ­ Knight
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 14, 2014 16:29 |  #871

joonrhee wrote in post #16904509 (external link)
As a brand new Sony gear seller myself, I too question where he saw such pricing? I've seen no a7 sell for $999 and no a7 kit for $1099. OTOH, he should be able to score 35mm for around $600 not $800.

Sony Rewards, sale for Sony Card holders.

Where can I get the 35mm for $600? That would be killer :D

EDIT: The RX-1's availability seems pretty constant, and the A7 body only is pretty good too. But the A7 kit is often out of stock at that price, I managed to pick one up yesterday when it came back in stock, although I wonder it Sony will actually fulfill it. I had to act fast so I just ordered it, but I'm wondering if I would have been better served with one of the other options. I picked it up because I figure if I end up not liking it I can return it or just sell it for about what I paid for it.

sponsored links
joonrhee
Goldmember
3,852 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 14, 2014 17:00 |  #872

The Dark Knight wrote in post #16904519 (external link)
Sony Rewards, sale for Sony Card holders.

Where can I get the 35mm for $600? That would be killer :D

EDIT: The RX-1's availability seems pretty constant, and the A7 body only is pretty good too. But the A7 kit is often out of stock at that price, I managed to pick one up yesterday when it came back in stock, although I wonder it Sony will actually fulfill it. I had to act fast so I just ordered it, but I'm wondering if I would have been better served with one of the other options. I picked it up because I figure if I end up not liking it I can return it or just sell it for about what I paid for it.

I see.. Your prices for a7 and a7 kit are simply excellent. Just get whatever you can, then sell it at same or higher rate if you don't want to use it anymore.

You should try to apply the Sony Rewards towards the 35mm... Although I can sell the 35mm at around $625 shipped, I don't really do single lens sales anymore. I usually combine with a body or with another lens.

a7RII • RX1RII • CV12 • B18 • L21 • B25 • B85
Full Gear List & Feedback
SmugMug (external link)

dtufino
Goldmember
4,040 posts
Joined Apr 2006

May 14, 2014 17:02 |  #873

someone on FredMiranda forums is selling them for pretty cheap, but i think something is wrong there... they might be hot or fell off the back of a truck or something....

-David T.
www.dtufinophoto.com (external link)

@dtufino_photo (external link)
flickr (external link)

The ­ Dark ­ Knight
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 14, 2014 17:03 |  #874

dtufino wrote in post #16904583 (external link)
someone on FredMiranda forums is selling them for pretty cheap, but i think something is wrong there... they might be hot or fell off the back of a truck or something....

I think these come directly from Sony, last time I ordered from Sony Rewards (RX-100) it came from their Carson, California center.

I think my only risks are getting a returned camera or Sony just not fulfilling the order.

dtufino
Goldmember
4,040 posts
Joined Apr 2006

May 14, 2014 17:06 |  #875

The Dark Knight wrote in post #16904590 (external link)
I think these come directly from Sony, last time I ordered from Sony Rewards (RX-100) it came from their Carson, California center.

I think my only risks are getting a returned camera or Sony just not fulfilling the order.

the rewards are legit ones, but if someone has a whole room full of them.... they are def. HOT... lol

Trust me... i know someone on this thread who purchased a HOT one from an Employee from bestbuy!

-David T.
www.dtufinophoto.com (external link)

@dtufino_photo (external link)
flickr (external link)

Eiro
Goldmember
1,355 posts
Joined Dec 2009

May 14, 2014 17:19 |  #876

For all of you A7 holders. Do you know....if the Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 will work with the A7 bodies or no ? (with an EF adapter of course) or will it give you the vignetting being a FF. I think it will cause vignetting, but just want to confirm.

Get out and shoot

joonrhee
Goldmember
3,852 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 14, 2014 17:21 |  #877

The Dark Knight wrote in post #16904590 (external link)

You'll be fine. I have ordered more than $55,000 worth directly from Sony without a single hiccup. They were all BRAND NEW, and yes they shipped out of Carson, CA and/or Romeoville, IL depending on ordered products.

Although Sony can work harder on better packaging, I have yet to see any damages to the contents. I just have to inspect, re-box, re-tape, re-label, better-cushion before shipping out to my buyers. ;)

a7RII • RX1RII • CV12 • B18 • L21 • B25 • B85
Full Gear List & Feedback
SmugMug (external link)

The ­ Dark ­ Knight
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 14, 2014 17:33 |  #878

joonrhee wrote in post #16904616 (external link)
You'll be fine. I have ordered more than $55,000 worth directly from Sony without a single hiccup. They were all BRAND NEW, and yes they shipped out of Carson, CA and/or Romeoville, IL depending on ordered products.

Although Sony can work harder on better packaging, I have yet to see any damages to the contents. I just have to inspect, re-box, re-tape, re-label, better-cushion before shipping out to my buyers. ;)

Good to know, thanks!

sponsored links

131,028 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sony's full-frame Alpha 7 and 7R
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.