Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 30 Oct 2013 (Wednesday) 11:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Reccommend an easy to setup WordPress template

digitalduck
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Oct 30, 2013 11:06 |  #1

Hey guys, I was wondering for those of you using WordPress and perhaps professional themes (or other) what in your opinion is the easiest to use in terms or having any kind of walkthrough or templates that are easy to follow? I have tried “Tripod” and am getting “Titan” to work, but I would like to use ProPhoto4 but can afford it. Any other tempaltes im mssising that come with an easier to setup guide?

All I need is a portfolio tempalte so to speak. I dont haved enough photos for different Gallerys such as weddings, portraits, landscape. I mostly just have portraits at this point. So something like "Tripod" I think I could change so the gallerys the use in the demo are just indivudual photos. However, I like that themes style..

Thanks!

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,352 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 30, 2013 13:53 |  #2

While I'm not using it, I did play around with it while I was helping another photographer (he went to Zen instead), Portfolio Press (external link). Its a responsive and free. There is a paid version ($25) called Portfolio+ (external link).

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

digitalduck
THREAD ­ STARTER
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Oct 30, 2013 14:13 |  #3

Mike, thanks again for your input! I might look at Portfilio Press tonight. I wish it had more tempalte options or "eye candy" but I guess thats why the other ones im looking at are a bit more complex.

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,395 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Oct 31, 2013 19:35 as a reply to  @ digitalduck's post |  #4

I use photocrati which is very configurable. It has its own admin panel where you can change a vast array of settings without ever having to look at a template/CSS file. Of course all that flexibility comes at a cost $.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

723 views & 0 likes for this thread
Reccommend an easy to setup WordPress template
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.