Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Nov 2013 (Sunday) 08:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is owning a Canon Rebel a joke?

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,203 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Mar 01, 2014 09:29 |  #721

pwm2 wrote in post #16726064 (external link)
So if a brand name is old, then it should never be questioned?

Regarding the OP, yes. A corporation certainly should review its brand strategy annually, but in regards to whether using a Rebel should make the consumer feel inferior, that brand has been around 24 years across 25 or more different models, the answer is not to question the name, but whether the model satisfies your needs, and you are able to use it as a tool to capture what you want.

I just kind of regret my choice of camera and now saving up for a something else. I'm probably the only one that feel this way. That even if I'm just starting out and learning things about my dslr it's not good enough in the eyes of people because it's a rebel.

Besides, why any issue with the term? Everyone is a rebel in regards to something in their lives as compared to others. It is not a negative term, and even in today's of silly political correctness, it just isn't something that should raise an eyebrow. If it does, then people need more (and better) things to fill their time on this earth. ;)

In any case in regards to Marvin (TS), based on the pictures I have seen him post, he has nothing to feel bad about using his T3i, his results are quite good. :)

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

chantu
904 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 01, 2014 15:07 |  #722

Owning a rebel is way cool dude. Check out this ad with Andre Agassi:
http://www.defynewyork​.com …89-25th-anniversary-1991/ (external link)

Canon 5D mk3, 7D mk2, 7D, 17-40L, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 70-200mm IS, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 17-50 OS, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 24-70VC 580ex flash (x3), 550ex, Yonguo 622C triggers, Fuji XE-1, 18-55mm Flickr (external link)Feedbacks of Items Sold/Bought *

Vetteography
Goldmember
2,032 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 11, 2014 11:17 |  #723

The first camera I ever bought for myself was a T-50, and I got some snickers from the AE1 users, but that stopped when my pic was chosen over theirs in a contest.

I jumped from film into digital with a Rebel XT and made some money with that camera. Never felt like I was 'under-gunned'. Still have two XT bodies, though one is retired.

Now I have a T5i and I really like it. It does everything I want it to do.

Would I like to have a 5DmkIII and every L in the catalog? Sure I would, but it wouldn't change the way I see the world through my lens, it would just give me warm-fuzzies. :D

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

76,159 views & 0 likes for this thread
Is owning a Canon Rebel a joke?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.