Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 02 Dec 2013 (Monday) 13:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

For those knowledgeable in bags...

UKmitch86
318 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Dec 02, 2013 13:32 |  #1

Hey everyone - I'm using a small Lowepro Toploader Zoom 50AW as a day bag and can fit a 5D with 135 in it, but little else.

The pocket on the front is great for CF and batteries, but I'm looking for something similar in design, longer perhaps so I can carry maybe another small prime or TCs or generally have access to kit a bit easier.

I've seen the Lowepro Nova series which I like the design of, and the Lowepro toploaders that are larger than mine, but I'd prefer to keep a small shoulder bag that's space efficient and easy access.

Too much room and I'll overfill it!

Ideas very welcome...

Canon 1Ds3 | 16-35/4 | 50/1.8 | 135/2
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/ukmitch86/ (external link)

jbrackjr
481 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Dec 02, 2013 13:52 |  #2

I have the toploader 75 and find it hangs long and is bulky. I like the Domke F3x which will hold my 60D+100-400 laying on it's side. Outside pockets will hold your flash and a small lens. It will collapse when lightly loaded and hug your side. It has really grown on me.

Jim
Gear List

UKmitch86
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Dec 03, 2013 04:41 |  #3

jbrackjr wrote in post #16495716 (external link)
I have the toploader 75 and find it hangs long and is bulky. I like the Domke F3x which will hold my 60D+100-400 laying on it's side. Outside pockets will hold your flash and a small lens. It will collapse when lightly loaded and hug your side. It has really grown on me.

I had a look Jim, looks good. I like how it collapses flatter when emptier and doesn't look like a camera bag, helps to deter any potential thieves.

Only problem is it's about £120! Good call though - I may stretch to it.

Canon 1Ds3 | 16-35/4 | 50/1.8 | 135/2
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/ukmitch86/ (external link)

jbrackjr
481 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Dec 03, 2013 09:26 |  #4

Yes they are a bit pricey. I was lucky enough to find one like new for sale in the marketplace on this forum. I bought my toploader 75 used as well. Both very good deals.

Good luck with your search.

Jim
Gear List

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

933 views & 0 likes for this thread
For those knowledgeable in bags...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.