Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 04 Dec 2013 (Wednesday) 12:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wedding Expo

N2bnfunn
688 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 04, 2013 12:23 |  #1

Hello I am doing my first Wedding Expo, I wanted to get some feed back on what to except and what to bring, or what not to bring.. Feel free to post anything that might be helpful to this event.

Canon 1DX Canon EOS R EF 70-200 L 2.8 EF 50mm 1.2 L 24-105 4.0 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

sponsored links
01Ryan10
Goldmember
1,073 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Dec 04, 2013 14:32 |  #2

I've never been to a "Wedding Expo," sorry I can't help, but I'd like to see what others have to say.

http://RyanLunaPhotogr​aphy.com (external link)
IG: @01ryanluna10 (external link)

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Dec 04, 2013 16:03 |  #3

Are you shooting at the Expo ?

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

N2bnfunn
THREAD ­ STARTER
688 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 04, 2013 23:52 |  #4

No I wedding Expo is where you try get business, by showing your work ..

Canon 1DX Canon EOS R EF 70-200 L 2.8 EF 50mm 1.2 L 24-105 4.0 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

Peacefield
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 05, 2013 06:28 |  #5

There are a few posts here about exhibiting at bridal shows/fairs. It's the same thing; search for those threads.

Robert Wayne Photography (external link)

5D3, 5D2, 50D, 350D * 16-35 2.8 II, 24-70 2.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 100-400 IS, 100 L Macro, 35 1.4, 85 1.2 II, 135 2.0, Tokina 10-17 fish * 580 EX II (3) Stratos triggers * Other Stuff plus a Pelican 1624 to haul it all

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Dec 05, 2013 12:44 |  #6

Never heard it called and Expo before. Guess it depends where you live:)

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

bespoke
710 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 05, 2013 21:31 |  #7

Two people so you don't have potential clients passing you by because there's nobody for them to talk to when you're chatting up another client. Also allows you to take bathroom breaks. Some kind of raffle give away helps too. It draws them into your booth so they can enter it and you can snag their email for a mailing list later if you wish. Some will even bring preprinted stickers with their info so they can save time lol. And of course, big beautiful prints of your best work

Toronto Fashion Photographer (external link)
5D3 & 5D2s | 24 TS-E II, 24-70 II, 85L II, 100L, 70-200L II, 35 & 85 Zeiss ZE, Samyang 14, Sigma 50
Hasselblads + Leaf Aptus MFDB, Fuji X100, Epson 3880/9890

Austin.P
259 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 06, 2013 14:20 |  #8

I went to a bridal expo with my friend Dawn Shields, she actually owns the show, its called Metropolitan Bride. She is a very talented wedding photographer, and best friends with Bambi Cantrell, also, a VERY talented photographer all around.

For bridal shows, you MUST have an attractive booth. A welcoming booth that represents your brand, and allows you to communicate with brides and grooms easily. Have large images in your booth that show case your work, and your best work at that. Have a couple wedding albums out that show a whole wedding. Brides like to see full weddings, so it never hurts to have a couple wedding albums, that show case your best weddings. At least 2.

Large canvasses or mounted prints are really nice, and they draw the eye into the booth. That is what you want, you want to DRAW peoples eyes to your booths so they come talk to you.

Marketing materials are also very important. A tri folded marketing material works well because you can show case an image in the middle, and then packages and information on the other two sides! Also incorporate pockets into the marketing materials to place business cards, and other means of contact information.

I second bringing a second person. For my self, I am bringing a young girl who is fairly attractive and down to earth that will connect easily with brides. Not only will this get the brides who are uncomfortable talking with me being a guy, but it also brings in the grooms too ;)

I normally wouldn't do a big give away. But this year I am. I generally do not want brides coming to me because I am giving away something, I do however want brides to come to me because my work is beautiful and it catches their eyes. That is what I want…

http://metbride.com (external link)

Check out Metropolitan Bride as well! Dawn is a great friend of mine as well!

N2bnfunn
THREAD ­ STARTER
688 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 07, 2013 10:08 |  #9

Thanks for all your suggestion and help.

sponsored links

1,420 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wedding Expo
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.