Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
Thread started 19 Dec 2013 (Thursday) 11:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Flickr update - no embed code for private photos

joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 19, 2013 11:16 |  #1

Well I tried to post some photos today to the forum and found this out. Looks like another UI tweak for Flickr and you cannot access the embed code for a private photo anymore.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Joel

sponsored links
Voaky999
Goldmember
3,298 posts
Gallery: 746 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 19, 2013 11:32 |  #2

joeblack2022 wrote in post #16539832 (external link)
Well I tried to post some photos today to the forum and found this out. Looks like another UI tweak for Flickr and you cannot access the embed code for a private photo anymore.

Hi Joel:

Are you using the new version of Flickr? My old version still allows the BBC code to be copied. I hope they fix the new version before they migrate all of us.

Don

Don
"Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 19, 2013 15:04 |  #3

I'm not entirely sure Don, I logged in and found the interface different so I assumed they made some sort of change. Didn't realize all users were not affected yet.

Joel

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 19, 2013 18:27 |  #4

joeblack2022 wrote in post #16539832 (external link)

Well, that makes perfect sense to me. If you haven't made the photo public within Flickr, why are you sharing it outside Flickr? It'll spare you (and us) the beloved "This photo is not available" graphic that the poster won't realize is all everyone else is seeing.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 20, 2013 09:32 |  #5

Jon wrote in post #16540959 (external link)
Well, that makes perfect sense to me. If you haven't made the photo public within Flickr, why are you sharing it outside Flickr? It'll spare you (and us) the beloved "This photo is not available" graphic that the poster won't realize is all everyone else is seeing.

Because I prefer Flickr as an image host over trying to attach images to my post.

An example of something I would post privately to Flickr would be screenshots of Lightroom settings and then embed that into a POTN post.

The photo is not available graphic pops up when the photo has been deleted from Flickr, not when the permissions have changed. The photos (that are hosted on Flickr with private setttings) that I posted to the photo sharing threads I personally started are still there.

Joel

John37
609 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Dec 20, 2013 14:36 as a reply to  @ joeblack2022's post |  #6

Not sure if this is what you're referring to. But I had the same issue, so I clicked on the thumbtack icon and found all the codes. Hope that helps

"The most endangered species? The honest man!' ~ Neil Peart
5Dii, 5Dc, 135L, 70-200 f2.8, 24-105L, 17-40L, 85 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 430exll, Yongnuo 560ll x 2, wife, 2 kids :cool:
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dajaphotographs​/ (external link)

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 20, 2013 14:54 |  #7

John37 wrote in post #16542856 (external link)
Not sure if this is what you're referring to. But I had the same issue, so I clicked on the thumbtack icon and found all the codes. Hope that helps

Thumbtack icon gives me the same message as well.

Joel

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 08, 2014 10:46 |  #8

Problem solved (at least for now) by opting out of the new "Flickr experience".

Details in this thread:
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1352418

Joel

sponsored links

1,540 views & 0 likes for this thread
Flickr update - no embed code for private photos
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.