Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Dec 2013 (Monday) 12:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sport Photography

monkey44
726 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Dec 24, 2013 18:14 |  #16

I would go with the Canon 1.4x - stay with Mfgr and Mfgr ... the lens is build by Canon for Canon ... and if you go with Canon lenses later too, it fits. The savings is not great enough to sacrifice the quality. You bought a Canon camera for a reason. Earlier in my career, every time I tried to save a few bucks, it always cost me double, buying the less expensive version, then selling it for a loss, and buying the more expensive version.

Not trying to 'bad-rap' other manufacturers here specifically - but Canon makes a good product. I know, I know, money talks savings, but quality talks too. You'll never get a chance to shoot that image again, and you have it forever if you ever decide to use those images later for other reasons (like sales?)

vilimo
558 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Dec 24, 2013 19:27 |  #17

Redo1 wrote in post #16551623 (external link)
Thanks for the great information! I feel comfortable proceeding with investing in better lens's rather than the body for now. Later on perhaps moving up into the FF.
Thanks again.

I will start with a 1.4X teleconverter. Is there one that is better than the other? I have the Sigma OS 70-200 2.8 so should I stick with the Sigma teleconverter ($250) or the Canon ($450)? And finally would the 2.0X be better than the 1.4X?

Thanks again

Have you looked at the new sigma 120-300 sport version? If you are going to get longer lenses, i would certainly include that in the mix for consideration.

OneJZsupra
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Dec 24, 2013 20:54 |  #18

MalVeauX wrote in post #16549290 (external link)
Heya,

Nope. You want to probably stick with a good crop for the reach. Instead of buying a $3500 camera, you'd do better having a secondary lens, like a 400L.

Very best,

I would have to agree with him. Most Events that you will be shooting with have some what ok light compared to what I've seen. I would go for a long lens too.

Gear List | Feed Back | My Site (external link)
YN RF-603 O-ring solution

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,723 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sport Photography
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.