Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 08 Jan 2014 (Wednesday) 20:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1DX firmware 2.0.3!!!

rdalrt
Goldmember
1,698 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 08, 2014 20:33 |  #1

Here it is folks. :)

Details:
Auto focusing performance under low-light conditions has been enhanced when performing focusing before shooting in AI Servo AF mode. The enhancement comes from the improvement in tracking capability for the first image in the low-light conditions.
The number of release parameters settings for the “AI Servo AF 2nd image priority” AF function has been increased to enable improved AF tracking in low light or maintain consistent high frames rates during continuous shooting.
The number of parameters for acceleration/decelerat​ion tracking in the AF Configuration Tool will has been increased.
Exposure compensation can be performed when using manual exposure and ISO Auto.
The minimum shutter speed limit for ISO Auto has been increased with shutter speeds up to 1/8000.
A new function to keep the exposure constant by altering the ISO or shutter speed in manual exposure, when the aperture value changes when zooming or changing lenses has been added.
A new option has been added to orientation linked AF point to enable only the AF point to switch as you change orientation rather than both AF point/ AF area settings
A new option to continue to use the previously manually selected AF point as the initial starting AF point when switching to 61-point automatic selection has been added.
New customization of the Exposure metering and AF controls has been added for more flexibility.
The number of possibilities for controls to switch between one-shot AF and AI Servo AF using custom controls has been increased.
A function has been added to allow the playback and review of protected images only.
A phenomenon has been fixed in which the white balance may be disturbed by the timing of the shutter release when the drive mode is single shooting and a flash (E-TTL)is used.

Firmware Version 2.0.3 is for cameras with firmware Version 1.2.4 or earlier. If the camera's firmware is already Version 2.0.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware. When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.

Notes:
Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to Version 2.0.3, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.2 through 1.2.4).

It is recommended that the latest application software be used, once the EOS-1D X is updated to the new Firmware Version 2.0.3 from older firmware (Versions 1.0.2 through 1.2.4).

Certain previous versions of these applications do not support functions which are added by the new firmware. You can download the latest application software from our Web site.

Accompanying the enhancements to the functions, the instruction manual has also been revised. Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and the instruction manual. You can download the latest instruction manual from our Web site.

Download Firmware Version 2.0.3 (external link)

Just Sports Photographyexternal link
My Junk ;)

sponsored links
aliengin
Goldmember
1,158 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 08, 2014 21:25 |  #2

Thanks!

Ali Engin Photography (external link)

Voaky999
Goldmember
3,313 posts
Gallery: 797 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 08, 2014 21:56 |  #3

Thanks, just finished updating. Lots of good improvements.

Don
"Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

jhayesvw
Cream of the Crop
7,230 posts
Gallery: 167 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 09, 2014 00:23 |  #4

Sweet updates

My Flickr (external link)

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,767 posts
Gallery: 1687 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Jan 09, 2014 01:57 |  #5

MMMMMMmmm. It's like Christmas all over again. Went from awesome, to awesomeR!

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

jase1125
Goldmember
3,027 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined May 2010

Jan 09, 2014 04:20 |  #6

Yippee. I got a new camera for free ;)

Jason

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,197 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 09, 2014 04:40 as a reply to  @ jase1125's post |  #7

Weird that the only two ways to set exposure compensation in M mode is by using the Quick set button, or by reprogramming the SET button to act as a +/- button. Did they completely forget that the 1DX does already have a dedicated +/- button on top? Or did they make it like this so they can reuse exactly the same code in a 5D Mark III, which doesn't have the dedicated +/- button on top? Seems a bit overly lazy, if that's the reason.

Personally, I'd prefer that they actually allow the use of the button that's already there to do what it's labelled to do, instead of just modifying the top dial to do the job of the rear dial.

Anders

CharlieB2B
73 posts
Joined May 2013

Jan 09, 2014 06:02 |  #8

Finished updating without any issues. I will test the new functionality later today.

Cheers,

Charlie

Canon 1DX, 7D - Only sports pictures...

cmosman
466 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 09, 2014 07:17 as a reply to  @ CharlieB2B's post |  #9

Many thanks :D

I'm at work at the moment ......"It is recommended that the latest application software be used".....would this be EOS utility that has to be updated to?

Cameras & Lens all due to my kind wife :D

Zivnuska
Goldmember
3,663 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 09, 2014 07:21 as a reply to  @ cmosman's post |  #10

Great!

www.zivnuska.zenfolio.​com/blog (external link) = My Blog
Gear List
www.zivnuska.zenfolio.​com (external link)

"It's not tight until you see the color of the irides."

matko
88 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Jan 09, 2014 07:34 |  #11

nice, too bad i don't have a 1DX

Canon 7D, 1d mk2, 17-40 4L, 85 1.8,70-200 2.8L, Samyang 8 3.5
flickr (external link)

Talley
Talley Whacker
11,089 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Jan 09, 2014 07:38 |  #12

apersson850 wrote in post #16590393 (external link)
Weird that the only two ways to set exposure compensation in M mode is by using the Quick set button, or by reprogramming the SET button to act as a +/- button. Did they completely forget that the 1DX does already have a dedicated +/- button on top? Or did they make it like this so they can reuse exactly the same code in a 5D Mark III, which doesn't have the dedicated +/- button on top? Seems a bit overly lazy, if that's the reason.

Personally, I'd prefer that they actually allow the use of the button that's already there to do what it's labelled to do, instead of just modifying the top dial to do the job of the rear dial.

Interesting indeed. I thought they would use the +/- on top also. I've also said they wouldn't do this for the 5D3 due to the lack of this button.

A7rIII | A7III | 12-24 F4 | 16-35 GM | 28-75 2.8 | 100-400 GM | 12mm 2.8 Fisheye | 35mm 2.8 | 85mm 1.8 | 35A | 85A | 200mm L F2 IS | MC-11
My Gear Archive

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,197 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 09, 2014 08:07 |  #13

cmosman wrote in post #16590598 (external link)
I'm at work at the moment ......"It is recommended that the latest application software be used".....would this be EOS utility that has to be updated to?

Yes, and Digital Photo Professional. It's not essential, but now the 1DX can handle protected images as a separate group, and if you update EOS Utilities, it can do the same, as an example.

Anders

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,748 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Jan 09, 2014 08:10 as a reply to  @ apersson850's post |  #14

Dang-nabbit, I have been able to hold off on any 1DX thoughts up to this point. Those are some very nice updates. I hope some of these push down to the 5D3.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

Talley
Talley Whacker
11,089 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Jan 09, 2014 08:38 |  #15

TeamSpeed wrote in post #16590715 (external link)
Dang-nabbit, I have been able to hold off on any 1DX thoughts up to this point. Those are some very nice updates. I hope some of these push down to the 5D3.

only thing 5D3 needs is the minimum shutter up to 1/8000. Provide this and your golden. The rest is eh.

A7rIII | A7III | 12-24 F4 | 16-35 GM | 28-75 2.8 | 100-400 GM | 12mm 2.8 Fisheye | 35mm 2.8 | 85mm 1.8 | 35A | 85A | 200mm L F2 IS | MC-11
My Gear Archive

sponsored links

13,803 views & 0 likes for this thread
1DX firmware 2.0.3!!!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.