Hi everyone! I´m brazilian and I want to collaborate with this thread.
I´m with 70d for 1 year and a half. It is my first dsrl camera. Now, after this whole time I can say some things about 70d.
I´m impressed on how many people complain about problem in this model. Some people say that only few numbers of camera is affected with problem... DONT!
All the 70d copies in the market has the same problems. But the most people (even novice) dont recognize them or dont complain in public about that.
A lot of people keep using the camera with problem and saying the camera is perfect. One day they may discove they were wrong.
1. Yes, 70d has problem with bounce flash situation.
2. Yes, 70d has problem about overheating when using video. Die after a certain time of use (more less 2 years). In brazil I read cases when they were using less than 8 months on hard use with videos.
3. Yes, 70d has auto focus problem (live view takes perfect photos while view finder doesnt). this is the winner problem spreading out on internet when they say shooting photos by using view finder the images get blurry.
4. yes, 70d has problem regarding the inconsistency focus. This is a little different from the auto focus problem above; LV and VF has a different type of renderization resulting in different images. This problem about inconsistency is other; some times you take picture the result is good/perfect, sometimes is horrible. Sometimes is tack sharp, sometimes blurry. Each photos you take only one or two will save out of 6 or seven. (In my case and thousand of people: I have to shoot 5 times in order to get at least 1 or 2 images tack sharp.) For example, after a test from the digital rev tv, 70d had the worse results in this terms, comparing to 7dmk2 and nikon d7200. In this test, they shot 210 photos with 70d and ONLY 17 photos was tack sharpen/in focus. Don´t believe? (watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ia2xoAqkA ) 5. Yes, 70d has some problem when using some lenses while other models doesnt (even older). Some lenses from tokina, sigma and tamron does not works fine with 70d. Each ones has its particular problem. 6. Yes, 70d has a bad moire/aliasing treatment. In some cases when recording video it is almost impossible to use the captured image. Even older compact cameras are better.
7. Other few problems I will not comment here...
Canon is kidding with everybody. Canon dont care about their problems. They want to sell, sell, sell. It doesnt matter if you pay an expensive value for a camera that can be your way of survive. Each newer launchs the cameras presents problems and years go by... they dont fix anything!
The Canon´s camera has less dynamic range, iso sensitivity and sharpen when comparing to nikon and sony.
This year (2016) canon has been launched the 80d without 4k and with minimum changes about dynamic range, color depth, etc...
Canon treats us like dumb uninformed!
I my opinion WE HAVE TO STOP BUYING PRODUCTS FROM CANON! URGENTLY!
If we want a better world photography, a better technology in our hands, we need to stop buying Canon! And i´m not being paid to say this. I own Canon products and because this I can say what im saying! I´m not nikon boy or anything like that! I just wont being idiot when Canon treat me like a novice dumb! Before writting this, i sent my camera to Canon Brazil in order to fix some problems and they didnt fix anything! I paid 500,00 reais for the fix. When the camera arrived and phonned back to tell them they are kidding with me. They pretend not to know, giving various excuses. The employees are cheeky and scheduled to tell decorated lines and you're not sure what to do.
After too much hassles and traumas I had with my first dslr experience, knowing i dont have money enough to buy another camera or migrate to other brand, the conclusion I draw is trying to sell the 70d. Sure I will lose money and I will have to pay more money to buy another camera. But Canon has no options! The only good cameras that Canon seems to have is 5dmk2 and 7dmk2 which are extremely expensive here in brazil. I have to sell car and lots of things to buy one. Inconveniently for me!
My first experience with Canon has been not good! But i will put this to sell. I hope I get a buyer! PS: sorry for any english mistake.
I took one hour and half to write this to illustrate my sorrow with this brand and camera model.
s Thanks Mira