Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 22 Jan 2014 (Wednesday) 18:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Finding Vivian Maier

airfrogusmc
THREAD ­ STARTER
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
36,569 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007

Apr 25, 2014 19:08 |  #46

OhLook wrote in post #16861329 (external link)
I didn't know about an implication that she was molested. If she was, it could account for her desire to hide.

Thats something that they bring up in the movie and after learning that her behavior made a lot more sense.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 25, 2014 19:10 |  #47

OhLook wrote in post #16861329 (external link)
I didn't know about an implication that she was molested. If she was, it could account for her desire to hide.

airfrogusmc wrote in post #16861567 (external link)
Thats something that they bring up in the movie and after learning that her behavior made a lot more sense.

That's very sad...I know from close personal "ties" that this kind of thing can really mess a person up...

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

chris_holtmeier
Goldmember
2,181 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Apr 26, 2014 06:34 |  #48

airfrogusmc wrote in post #16860930 (external link)
I think she was molested as implied and she wanted to have anything to do with her family because of it.

The family history, the relative's will in particular, showed a pattern of separation in the entire Maier clan. I wonder if molestation was a common thing in the family.

https://www.facebook.c​om/FotonFoto (external link)

digital ­ paradise
I still have 8 digits left
15,602 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 28, 2014 14:15 |  #49

Possible. It makes you wonder. She kept to herself but would have she been such a hoarder and so meticulous if she had not been allegedly molested. Obviously the brain is so complex who would know what went on with her. I just assumed there was something more to it. She already may have had a pre existing condition and if abused made it worse. That was what I got out of then trying to piece her story together.

We worked with a fellow like that. He was high level, could get to work and back, do his job but it was clear he never really became an adult. Lived with his mom his whole adult life but he was one of the guys and we looked after him. He was also a pack rat to some degree.

I found this interesting.

https://www.yahoo.com …ut-might-84070057936.html (external link)

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

digital ­ paradise
I still have 8 digits left
15,602 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined Oct 2009

May 05, 2014 21:14 |  #50

On pay per view I noticed today.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

6,810 views & 0 likes for this thread
Finding Vivian Maier
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.