Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 16 Mar 2014 (Sunday) 19:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How to setup Canon Pro-1 Printer to be able over the Internet

N2bnfunn
713 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 16, 2014 19:54 |  #1

This will show how to setup your Canon Pro-1 printer to be able to print over the internet.

1. First have your printer setup as a network printer in OSX lion go to System Preferences click and print and Scan. click the + to add a printer click the Ip icon and add a printer, put in the inside iP address of your printer (192.......) next change protocol to Line Printer Daemon-LPD name it IPCanon Printer, click use and select canon pro-1 driver click add. IF everything is right the printer will add successful.

2. Next open Network Utility and click Port Scan type in the same in house address that your printer has and click scan and see what port your printer is using, mine was using 515 right down that port number and close.

3. Next type in the address in your web browser to open your router and go to port forward and forward the inside address of your printer (192.........) next select and click on port Triggering and open up the port your printer were using . To check to see if your printer port is open use your outside IP address and using telnet type your outside IP address and the port number your printer was using and see if it connects, if it does your printer is open.(must have your printer on)

4. Using PS Mac version for your remote computer (over the internet) open PS and click on printer and add a printer click IP type in the outside IP address of the Canon Pro-1 click Protocol select Internet printing IPP Name it InternetCanonpro and click use and select canon pro-1 driver(must have canon pro-1) driver installed on remote computer

5. Now you are ready to print over the web remotely.

I hope this helps anyone that is trying to print over the web

Canon EOS R EF 70-200 L 2.8 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

sponsored links
tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 16, 2014 21:06 |  #2

Perhaps you should specify at the very top of your post

FOR APPLE/MAC SYSTEMS ONLY...?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

N2bnfunn
THREAD ­ STARTER
713 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 16, 2014 23:02 |  #3

If you are still using a Windows base system for your photography then you are behind...

Canon EOS R EF 70-200 L 2.8 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 17, 2014 13:24 |  #4

N2bnfunn wrote in post #16763820 (external link)
If you are still using a Windows base system for your photography then you are behind...

Hmm...well, my suggestion was actually serious, not meant to spark, well, internet "stuff" about Apple and MS!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

katodog
Goldmember
4,122 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 17, 2014 13:29 |  #5

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. Period.

The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked - Photographers shoot to thrill, not to kill
My Gear- Flickr (external link) - Facebook (external link) - Smoke Photography - - Sound-Activated Paint

N2bnfunn
THREAD ­ STARTER
713 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 18, 2014 00:06 |  #6

katodog wrote in post #16765090 (external link)
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. Period.

Must be another windows user ....

maverick75
Cream of the Crop
5,707 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2012

Mar 18, 2014 00:13 |  #7

N2bnfunn wrote in post #16766555 (external link)
Must be another windows user ....

Apple is so great that's what all the fastest computers in the world use!!!!...oh no wait they don't, they run on Linux.

- Alex Corona Sony A7, Canon 7DM2/EOS M, Mamiya 645/67
Flickr (external link) - 500px (external link) - Website (external link)- Feedback -Feedback

N2bnfunn
THREAD ­ STARTER
713 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 18, 2014 11:28 |  #8

You are right I am still looking for the Linux copy of PS? You have that version?

morph2_7
Goldmember
1,112 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Mar 19, 2014 18:56 |  #9

like this guy:
https://photography-on-the.net …hp?p=16759852&p​ostcount=1

N2bnfunn wrote in post #16759852 (external link)
I have try disabling the firewall and antivirus software . I am using a desktop windows 7 64 bit OS, and connecting the printer into a Verizon FIOS router.

N2bnfunn
THREAD ­ STARTER
713 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 19, 2014 23:48 |  #10

Wow you are so bright I could NOT get it to work on with a windows 7 system, but I was able to get it to work with a MAC OSX geez....

sponsored links

2,913 views & 0 likes for this thread
How to setup Canon Pro-1 Printer to be able over the Internet
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.