Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 Apr 2014 (Wednesday) 12:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 6D Pricing

slookx24
233 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Apr 02, 2014 12:45 |  #1

I missed the 6D deals that were going around the past couple of weeks because I wasn't ready to buy, but I will be very soon. Now that Canon's new MAP policy is implemented, how likely is it that there will be a sale again soon? I read sales are slow from this time of the year until the fall, so are the good deals only gonna be found on the BST here and craigslist/ebay?

sponsored links
jbsg02
192 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Apr 02, 2014 13:09 |  #2

Check this website (daily if you can) it will show you any new deals available.

http://www.canonpricew​atch.com/ (external link)

jbriggsphoto.com (external link)
5D3, 6D, 70-200 2.8 ii, 24-70 2.8 ii, 85mm 1.2L ii, 135mm f/2L, Sigma 35mm 1.4, 580 ex ii

DwainRowe
783 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 02, 2014 14:29 |  #3

Or you can go to this page and sign up for email notifications when the price at vendors drops below a level that you set to include:
1. authorized dealers
2. any dealer
3. refurb/used

I'm sure you'll be put on more mailing lists than you can count, though.

http://www.canonpricew​atch.com …9/Canon-EOS-6D-price.html (external link)

I have NOT used this service. User beware!

6D | EF 17-40 f/4 L | EF 70-200 f/4 L IS | EF 50mm f1.4 USM -|- Rebel T2i | EF-S 17-55 IS | Σ 10-20 f3.5 EX DC | Σ 70-300 4-5.6 DG Macro (Yes, I am cheap) | Speedlite 580EXII | YN622c
EOS M | EFM 22 f/2

Bignasty619
87 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 02, 2014 20:53 |  #4

slookx24 wrote in post #16804407 (external link)
I missed the 6D deals that were going around the past couple of weeks because I wasn't ready to buy, but I will be very soon. Now that Canon's new MAP policy is implemented, how likely is it that there will be a sale again soon? I read sales are slow from this time of the year until the fall, so are the good deals only gonna be found on the BST here and craigslist/ebay?

Craiglist is a good bet, two weeks ago, I picked up one with a grip and only had 455 shots on it for $1400...was only 2 months old (I even have the original receipt) still under warranty. :D

7DMKII Gripped| 5DMKIII Gripped|135 mm f/2L | 24-70 mm f/2.8L MKII| 70-200 mm f/2.8L MKII|17-40 mm f/4L |600EX-RT|430 EXII|Nissin Speedlite Di 866|Benro Travel Angel and SunPak Quantray Tripods : :cool:
Flickr http://www.flickr.com/​photos/44731144@N04/ (external link)

tmoore99
79 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 02, 2014 21:41 |  #5

I've been itching for a 6D really bad and waiting for a price drop of some kind. They've been going up though, doh!
The most tempting deal I can find is Abes of Maine. $1420 for an import. It's hard to find one used at that price. I've read Abe's is unpleasant to deal with, but never heard they shouldn't be dealt with.

Tom
(a bunch of gear that's better than me)

Bleufire
Goldmember
1,203 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 03, 2014 03:01 |  #6

Im kicking myself for not picking up the 6D+24-105 kit for $2k. I just decided to pull the trigger on that kit. How often has that pricing been popping up?

5D*Sigma 50/1.4*EF 17-40/4
New to Photography? ----> ENJOY! Canon DSLR! (external link)

mickeyb105
Goldmember
2,536 posts
Gallery: 396 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 03, 2014 07:53 |  #7

Getting refurb through the Canon Loyalty Program is a relatively cheap solution, and the 24-105L routinely sells on these for $600, sometimes less. That package will come in around $2k after tax, give or take a few dollars.

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f1.8 ZA, Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA, 24mm f/2 SSM Distagon T*, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

TheInfamousGreedo
Goldmember
1,631 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Apr 03, 2014 08:31 |  #8

I went the loyalty program route, reason being is that it comes with a warranty and was less than what most people are asking for the body alone in the classifieds around here.

I tried CL as well and only came across one option. Needless to say, that didn't pan out (the camera was broken; it wouldn't focus, the shutter would stay open, etc. I think it suffered water damage and the seller is trying to find someone who's not smart enough to test it before buying it).

TJ Simon (external link)
flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

slookx24
THREAD ­ STARTER
233 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Apr 03, 2014 11:41 |  #9

TheInfamousGreedo wrote in post #16806550 (external link)
I went the loyalty program route, reason being is that it comes with a warranty and was less than what most people are asking for the body alone in the classifieds around here.

I tried CL as well and only came across one option. Needless to say, that didn't pan out (the camera was broken; it wouldn't focus, the shutter would stay open, etc. I think it suffered water damage and the seller is trying to find someone who's not smart enough to test it before buying it).

Wow, what did you say to the seller about all those problems and what did they say?

TheInfamousGreedo
Goldmember
1,631 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Apr 03, 2014 22:12 |  #10

slookx24 wrote in post #16806988 (external link)
Wow, what did you say to the seller about all those problems and what did they say?

Well...admittedly, the camera was at a pawn shop, however, in my defense I did not know this until I had already spoke with the seller a few times (it was listed on CL and he gave me a cell phone number). I was hesitant, but I gave benefit of the doubt and went to look at it.

The first thing I did was check the lens to ensure it worked (they were selling the kit, so it included the 24-105, which I already have). I put the lens on MF and could not get it to focus on anything with the viewfinder. I immediately pointed it out, handed the camera back to the guy. He tried to show me that it did work, "oh, look at that over there and press the button; it focuses." Well, it did try and focus, but nothing became sharp in the viewfinder. I put it on AF, same thing. So at this point I'm assuming the lens is screwed up.

I then toyed with the camera a bit. I tried M first; I'd press the shutter button, the shutter would activate, but not release. I figured I must have had a low shutter speed and just didn't pay attention. Oddly enough, when I would change the cameras mode the shutter would close... I then tried AV, same thing. I did TV at 1/4000 and still the shutter would not release. I pulled the lens because I'm thinking that maybe for some weird reason the mirror is getting caught on the lens, but even still the shutter would not close. I showed them, they were asking me what the problem was and I told them I hadn't a clue. They then asked if I'd still be interested if it were cheaper, to which I promptly said, "no."

I later came to the assumption that what probably happened is the previous owner dropped the whole thing in water, which is why the electronics inside seem to be going all haywire. There were no signs of damage to the body or lens to implicate shock, which is why I concluded water. I'd guess they dropped it, didn't want to pay to repair it, took it to a pawn shop and made out like a bandit. It was very clear that no one at the pawn shop knew anything about SLR cameras.

(My random story about a 6D)

TJ Simon (external link)
flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

PhotoPrice
176 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 05, 2014 11:33 |  #11

DwainRowe wrote in post #16804630 (external link)
I'm sure you'll be put on more mailing lists than you can count, though.

I hate spam as much as everyone else. We'll only e-mail you for notifications on the item you've signed up for.

In fact, I'm actively trying to cut down on the number of people we e-mail -- trimming inactive accounts/e-mails. Our mail servers are getting hammered, especially when sending out Canon refurb notifs.

ERJL
384 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 05, 2014 11:44 |  #12
bannedPermanent ban

Adorama 1299 for Canon refurbs right now, per canonpricewatch.com

-ERJL

DwainRowe
783 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 05, 2014 15:05 |  #13

PhotoPrice wrote in post #16811701 (external link)
I hate spam as much as everyone else. We'll only e-mail you for notifications on the item you've signed up for.

In fact, I'm actively trying to cut down on the number of people we e-mail -- trimming inactive accounts/e-mails. Our mail servers are getting hammered, especially when sending out Canon refurb notifs.

Good to hear and thanks for the professional response.

I didn't know that you have a presence here. That fact, alone, raises my estimation of your value to me and our Canon brethren.

I will recommend you with greater enthusiasm.

Dwain

6D | EF 17-40 f/4 L | EF 70-200 f/4 L IS | EF 50mm f1.4 USM -|- Rebel T2i | EF-S 17-55 IS | Σ 10-20 f3.5 EX DC | Σ 70-300 4-5.6 DG Macro (Yes, I am cheap) | Speedlite 580EXII | YN622c
EOS M | EFM 22 f/2

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 05, 2014 16:32 |  #14

ERJL wrote in post #16811717 (external link)
Adorama 1299 for Canon refurbs right now, per canonpricewatch.com

sounds like a good price and it should include the one year warranty

sponsored links

2,714 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 6D Pricing
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.