Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 11 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 13:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Slideshow at Reception?

kawter2
Goldmember
2,046 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Feb 12, 2006 23:29 as a reply to  @ post 1182571 |  #16

mizuno wrote:
I may be wrong, but I can imagine some couples who would prefer to be the first to see their photo investment, as opposed to having them all on public display the same day.

Having said that, it certainly would be great advertising for the photographer!

I've never had that be any where close to an issue.. usually they thank you a thousand times

Wedding Blog (external link)
Eric J. Weddings (external link)

sponsored links
PIXI_666
Goldmember
2,005 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 13, 2006 01:13 |  #17

Yes - great job for an assistant! It would be even BETTER if they had a rear projection screen, my cousin had that for his wedding, the bridesmaid & groomsmen put together a big slideshow full of photo's of them together (They were highschool sweethearts and have been together 10 yrs so lots of photo's!) it was so cool to see them growing up over the years to now...

Del

"Capturing, Creating & Preserving your memories"
Adelle Cousins Photography

www.adellecousins.com.​au (external link)
nfo@adellecousins.com.​au (external link)

Palladium
Goldmember
3,905 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 14, 2006 17:32 as a reply to  @ PIXI_666's post |  #18

here's an easy working setup - depending upon how your storing your photos download to a laptop (preloaded with adobe bridge and video out) with a portable HD attached. Once your have a folder with the images on the laptop's HD make a copy to the portable HD and unmount the portable HD and put in a safe/secure place.

Load bridge and use it's slideshow feature - the DJ can continue playing his music and you can control the slideshow right from the laptop.

OdiN1701
Goldmember
2,523 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 15, 2006 01:56 |  #19
bannedPermanent ban

If any of you are worried about getting a laptop stolen...insure it.

I often have to leave some camera equipment lying around...if it's stolen, it's insured.

SAY NO TO SPEC WORK! (external link)

scorpiojo
331 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 17, 2006 02:06 |  #20

It is always a crowd pleaser. I did it a couple of time when I first started shooting weddings and people love it. It is very difficult to do alone if you don't have help. When my clients or potential clients ask me about it I factor in a price that I can pay for an assistant. I like to concentrate on the wedding and not have to worry about something else. It is the same people who love the slide show that will complain if you miss a shot of uncle Joe from down state.

:rolleyes: Scorpiojo
5D MK III, 7D Mark II, EF 24-70 Mark II 2.8, Sigma 35 1.4 Art, EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS, EF 70-200 f2.8L IS, 24-105 f4[COLOR=red]L IS, EF 85 f1.8, Tamron 24-70 2.8, Sigma 10mm f2.8 EX DC HSM fisheye,
www.scorpiojo.com (external link)

Palladium
Goldmember
3,905 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 17, 2006 17:15 as a reply to  @ Palladium's post |  #21

Palladium wrote:
here's an easy working setup - depending upon how your storing your photos download to a laptop (preloaded with adobe bridge and video out) with a portable HD attached. Once your have a folder with the images on the laptop's HD make a copy to the portable HD and unmount the portable HD and put in a safe/secure place.

Load bridge and use it's slideshow feature - the DJ can continue playing his music and you can control the slideshow right from the laptop.

update - I see there are now external hard drives with media readers built in and video out connections. some are just the enclosurers and you add the HD and some are complete units - anyway just load copies of your images and let it play ( I even saw one that supports playback or RAW files).

I'll have to get the model numbers :rolleyes:

BLINN
587 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 24, 2006 08:02 |  #22

If you can hire a student in graphic arts to put it together for you and run the show. Just remember pay him/her well. Have fun

MBCL Photography
Michael Blinn
Your Eye's the Limit:cool:
http://mbclphotography​.com (external link)

PineCone
113 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Feb 24, 2006 09:05 |  #23

i've done those before but NGrinerPhoto you've given me an idea.. i should employ that tactic next time i'm requested to do a slideshow for the wedding reception.. thanks

www.martincpvaleriano.​multiply.com (external link), http://www.modelmayhem​.com/262399 (external link)

Nyangay? :)

sponsored links

5,159 views & 0 likes for this thread
Slideshow at Reception?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.