Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 May 2014 (Thursday) 11:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Service Center Newport News VA

this thread is locked
Lt ­ Colonel
715 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Dec 2013

May 23, 2014 19:02 |  #46

N2bnfunn wrote in post #16925580 (external link)
Just Brilliant, I think I rather trust the people working at the service center, then YOU...
I notice the people on here that is talking the most JUNK, if you look at the equipment list, Mid range or low end equipment... please close this thread unreal...

WOW, you really can't handle this can you? WE little people with mid range equipment treat our service techs better than you treat your "Subjects". I bet you do hope this thread gets closed.

Since I only have mid range or low end equipment, I've decided to lower my bid for your 1DX to $500 because if owning one makes me act like you, it would have to be a deal.

Shame on you and your highbrow attitude.

5DIII, 6D, 7D2, 5DMKIV,1DMK4,EOS-M,1DX
https://woodawg.smugmu​g.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
rdalrt
Goldmember
1,693 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2008

May 23, 2014 19:02 |  #47

Agree with many others here. I would be pissed if I sent my 1dx in for a clean and check, and it didn't come back with at least 100 more clicks.

Just Sports Photographyexternal link
My Junk ;)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
50,612 posts
Gallery: 162 photos
Joined Apr 2003

May 23, 2014 19:06 |  #48

Lt Colonel wrote in post #16925638 (external link)
WOW, you really can't handle this can you? WE little people with mid range equipment treat our service techs better than you treat your "Subjects". ...

Just F.Y.I. , even the "aristocracy" like myself who's been shooting with the 1D series since the first one going back 5 generations to 2003 agree with you ;) :)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)
-EOS 1DX 2 For Sale- $2,950.00

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,590 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined May 2005

May 23, 2014 19:14 |  #49

Even the peasants need cameras... ;)

Sevas Tra

Banzai ­ Institute
39 posts
Joined Sep 2006

May 23, 2014 19:17 |  #50

We, at the Banzai Institute have been developing JUST SUCH a touchless cleaning system for our fleet of 1Dx cameras deployed in our SUPER WASP (external link) array to keep them spotless and away from filthy human hands.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

No matter where you go,...
.... there you are

gnome ­ chompski
Goldmember
1,252 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2013

May 23, 2014 19:21 |  #51

N2bnfunn wrote in post #16925075 (external link)
Well since most of you all know so much about what the canon service center does to your camera, One question then, when I called and ask about it "Why didn't none of them I spoke from the rep, to the supervisor, and someone that was over all of them, Why DID NOT ONE OF THEM TELL ME THAT.. and they work there, and YOU ALL DON'T! If fact I got an email from canon today and they apologize, and I got two free cleaning coupons..

So it DOES NOT PAID TO THINK YOU KNOW.. I posted this to just to tell people beware when you send you camera in..

whatever it takes to get the squeaky wheel to stop squeaking.

Tumblr (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 23, 2014 20:14 |  #52
bannedPermanent ban

Just Brilliant, I think I rather trust the people working at the service center, then YOU...
I notice the people on here that is talking the most JUNK, if you look at the equipment list, Mid range or low end equipment... please close this thread unreal...

LOL!!

Arrogance at its best...

Well we he is right. Its an impressive list of equipment guys. The thing is what you do with it and most of these guys that you have insulted have proof of their work and sadly for you its excellent work, even with their crappy toy cameras. Thats were you earn respect....nitpicking and senseless ranting about shutter count kind of works bad for you. If you have any common sense I think you should apologize to these folks, IMO.:o

Gear: a toothed wheel :p
"To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals" Michael Bassey Johnson
--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

Preeb
Goldmember
2,605 posts
Gallery: 105 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

May 23, 2014 20:39 |  #53

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #16925750 (external link)
LOL!!

Arrogance at its best...

Well we he is right. Its an impressive list of equipment guys. The thing is what you do with it and most of these guys that you have insulted have proof of their work and sadly for you its excellent work, even with their crappy toy cameras. Thats were you earn respect....nitpicking and senseless ranting about shutter count kind of works bad for you. If you have any common sense I think you should apologize to these folks, IMO.:o

Yep. Having a 1DX says one thing and one thing only (judging by his posts) - that he has more money than sense. What I don't see is his link to his photographs. Since he has all the best gear, he must have some of the best images of anyone on this forum.... right? :rolleyes:

Rick
6D Mark II - EF 17-40 f4 L -- EF 100mm f2.8 L IS Macro -- EF 70-200 f4 L IS w/1.4 II TC

sponsored links

5,333 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Service Center Newport News VA
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.