Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 26 May 2014 (Monday) 19:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Basic lightroom 5 question

Point-n-shoot-n
Goldmember
1,642 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 26, 2014 19:03 |  #1

Been getting used to Lightroom 5 and starting to like it a lot! Was doing a lot of processing on landscape pictures....just basic stuff like cropping, exposure adjustments, saturation, etc.etc.etc. After doing about 15 pictures I "lost" the BASIC tab from my tools selection. Everything else is there as it was before but the basic tab where you can make the preliminary adjustments is gone! Spent about an hour looking for it with no luck at all....anybody have an idea of where it might have gone to? I looked in the lightroom 5 thread and didn't see where anybody else has had the problem. Probably just a stupid oversight on my part but I have opened and closed all the other tabs and still nothing. HELP!! (please!)

Canon 5D mk iii, Canon 5d classic, Rebel XTI 400D 18-55 kit lens, Canon EF 85mm 1:1.8, Canon EF 17-40 F4L, Quantaray 70-300 1:4-5.6 LD, Canon 70-200 F2.8 iiL, Canon EF135 F2 L, Canon 200 F2 L, Tamron 28-75 1:2.8 , 2 alien bee 800's, 430 EXii, 580 EXii, rectangular and octo softboxes, assorted umbrellas, portable backdrops, radio triggers and still adding.............

tonylong
...winded
54,642 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

May 26, 2014 19:26 |  #2

Well, you may have inadvertently clicked the arrow at the upper right of the panel, closing it.

Aside from re-clicking the arrow, you can toggle your right-side panels off with the Ctl/Cmd + [number] keyboard shortcut. So Ctl+1 toggles the Basic panel on and off, to get to the others , 0-6 are the numbers that can be used.

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Point-n-shoot-n
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,642 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 26, 2014 20:34 |  #3

I figured somebody would know how to get it back! Thanks for the help and for Mac users the correct keystroke is "Command 1" .....thanks again Tony! It kind of figures that you would be the first to help as I was in your hometown just last week.....did the Alaska cruise to the inside passage....absolutely beautiful country but lousy weather for most of the trip. Lots of overcast and rain but we still enjoyed it immensely.

Canon 5D mk iii, Canon 5d classic, Rebel XTI 400D 18-55 kit lens, Canon EF 85mm 1:1.8, Canon EF 17-40 F4L, Quantaray 70-300 1:4-5.6 LD, Canon 70-200 F2.8 iiL, Canon EF135 F2 L, Canon 200 F2 L, Tamron 28-75 1:2.8 , 2 alien bee 800's, 430 EXii, 580 EXii, rectangular and octo softboxes, assorted umbrellas, portable backdrops, radio triggers and still adding.............

tonylong
...winded
54,642 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

May 26, 2014 20:48 |  #4

Point-n-shoot-n wrote in post #16932337 (external link)
I figured somebody would know how to get it back! Thanks for the help and for Mac users the correct keystroke is "Command 1" .....thanks again Tony! It kind of figures that you would be the first to help as I was in your hometown just last week.....did the Alaska cruise to the inside passage....absolutely beautiful country but lousy weather for most of the trip. Lots of overcast and rain but we still enjoyed it immensely.

Ah, well!

It is indeed beautiful country here, but yeah, the weather can be un-cooperative! Spring is, well, interesting, because one day it can be bright and sunny, nice fluffy bright clouds and such, great for capturing outdoor photos, and then the next day it can be wet and gloomy!

But still, in FaceBook we started a group a couple years ago, the "Pacific Northwest Photographers" group, and it just overflows with great beautiful stuff from the Pacific Northwest! And, there are well over 2,000 people who have joined!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

602 views & 0 likes for this thread
Basic lightroom 5 question
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.